Compare train tickets from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore
How much are train tickets from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore?
|Fastest train||6h 29m|
|Trains per day||3|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore?
What is the price of a train ticket from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore?
In the last month, $86.80 was the average price of a train ticket from Wilkes-Barre, PA to Baltimore, MD. You can expect to find tickets at that price or lower if you book your trip at least 11 days in advance. Otherwise, expect to pay around $47.17 more than that for a same-day booking.
How long is the train journey from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore?
The distance between Wilkes-Barre and Baltimore is approximately 141 miles, or 226 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours and 25 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 6 hours and 29 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Wilkes-Barre at 5:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 5:00am. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore?
There are 3 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Baltimore to Wilkes-Barre.
Which train should you take from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania to Baltimore, Maryland. However, there are 3 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak train tickets from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore start from $86, and on average cost $128. Daily there are 3 Amtrak schedules to Baltimore. Amtrak in Wilkes-Barre leaves from Intermodal Transp Ctr, And in Baltimore trains arrive at Amtrak - MARC Station (BWI) and one other train station. From Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore train travel on Amtrak takes 8 hours and 25 minutes. If you are looking to get to Baltimore faster, Amtrak offers more express schedule options with a travel time of 6 hours and 29 minutes. If you're considering a weeked trip, Amtrak offers 9 schedules for you to choose from. You can expect to pay $133 for a one-way train ticket to Baltimore.
Where is the train station in Wilkes-Barre?
There is one train station in Wilkes-Barre:
- Intermodal Transp Ctr
Where is the train station in Baltimore?
Baltimore receives travelers from Wilkes-Barre at its two active train stations:
- Amtrak - MARC Station (BWI)
- Penn Station - 1500 N Charles St
Price trends for trains from Wilkes-Barre to Baltimore
Prices as travel date approaches
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Wilkes-Barre
- Wilkes-Barre to Washington D.C. Train
- Wilkes-Barre to Wilmington Train
- Train from Wilkes-Barre to Orlando
- Wilkes-Barre to Atlanta
- Wilkes-Barre to Chicago Train
- Wilkes-Barre to Boston Train
- Train from Wilkes-Barre to Charlotte
- Wilkes-Barre to Raleigh Train
- Train from Wilkes-Barre to Newark
- Wilkes-Barre to Trenton Train
- Train from Wilkes-Barre to New York
- Wilkes-Barre to Niagara Falls Train
- Wilkes-Barre to Cincinnati Train
- Wilkes-Barre to Cleveland
- Wilkes-Barre to Lancaster Train
- Train from Wilkes-Barre to Pittsburgh
- Train from Wilkes-Barre to Providence
- Train from Wilkes-Barre to Richmond
Continue by train from Baltimore
- Train from Baltimore to Washington D.C.
- Train from Baltimore to Orlando
- Train from Baltimore to New Orleans
- Train from Baltimore to Boston
- Train from Baltimore to Atlantic City
- Train from Baltimore to Newark
- Train from Baltimore to Princeton Junction
- Baltimore to Las Vegas
- Baltimore to New York Train
- Baltimore to Niagara Falls Train
- Baltimore to Cleveland Train
- Train from Baltimore to Philadelphia
- Baltimore to Columbia
- Baltimore to North Charleston
- Baltimore to Nashville Train
- Baltimore to Charlottesville Train
- Train from Baltimore to Norfolk
- Baltimore to Virginia Beach