Search train tickets to Albany
How to get to Albany by train
|Trips per day||517|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Albany is an Oregon city located halfway between Portland and Eugene, just south of the state capital, Salem. To get a feel for the town's history, visit Monteith House and Albany Regional Museum, both of which house artifacts from the 19th century when Oregon was a growing destination for pioneers.
Thanks to its location in the Willamette Valley, Albany is near many top-rated wineries and vineyards like Springhill Cellars and Delfino Fine Wines. Oregon's beer culture also shines in Albany, at breweries including Calapooia Brewing Co. and The Garage, with 54 drinks on tap downtown. Albany also has many excellent restaurants, with specialties ranging from Italian to Hungarian dishes.
Many bus routes serve Albany, the most useful of which are ATS (Albany Transit System) for travel within the local area and Amtrak Thruway for intercity travel. Amtrak's Coast Starlight between LA and Seattle and the Cascades from Vancouver to Eugene both stop in Albany for easy rail connections up and down the coast.
What train companies travel to Albany, Oregon?
Located in Oregon, Albany is accessible by train from 246 other cities. You can choose from 517 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Albany on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Albany are also available..
Train companies serving Albany
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||237||2d 5h 22m||£260.63|
|Amtrak Coast Starlight||25||8h 4m||£53.40|
|Amtrak Cascades||11||2h 39m||£29.52|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Amtrak Coast Starlight
The Coast Starlight is an Amtrak train that travels the entire length of the West Coast, connecting Los Angeles to Seattle. The route starts hugging the California coastline, treating passengers to swoon-worthy views of the Pacific, before continuing into the verdant forests of the Cascade Mountains. The Coast Starlight indisputably earns its spot among the most scenic Amtrak train routes. Seating options include Coach or Business Class and roomettes or bedrooms for extra space.
Which train carrier has the best service to Albany?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Albany by train with Amtrak Coast Starlight giving them a 4.5 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak Coast Starlight had the most comfortable train service to Albany taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak Coast Starlight offers. They rate Amtrak Coast Starlight a 5 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Albany punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak Cascades has the best on time performance on their train schedules to Albany, rating them a 4.3 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Albany?
Where is the train station in Albany, OR?
The main train station in Albany is 110 10th Ave SW. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Albany.
Is Albany a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Albany?
How much do train tickets to Albany cost?
What type of traveler does Albany attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Albany?
Top train routes to and from Albany
- train from Albany to Boston
- train from Albany to Portland
- train from Eugene to Albany
- train from Albany to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Albany
- train from Grand Ronde to Albany
- train from Albany to Davis
- train from Toledo to Albany
- train from Corvallis to Albany
- train from Albany to Seattle
- train from Albany to Salem
- train from Rochester to Albany
- train from Springfield to Albany
- train from New York to Albany
- train from Los Angeles to Albany
- train from Martinez to Albany
- train from Chicago to Albany
- train from Albany to Washington
- train from Albany to Poughkeepsie
- train from Syracuse to Albany
- train from Veneta to Albany
- train from Albany to Corvallis
- train from Seattle to Albany
- train from Albany to Chicago
- train from Salem to Albany
- train from Albany to Philadelphia
- train from Portland to Albany
- train from Albany to Martinez
- train from Albany to Eugene
- train from Albany to New York
- train from Albany to Alexandria
- train from Albany to Tukwila
- train from Albany to Cleveland
- train from Albany to Syracuse
- train from Philadelphia to Albany
- train from Boston to Albany
- train from Albany to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Albany
- train from Albany to Los Angeles
- train from Washington to Albany
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.