Compare train tickets from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 23 daily trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam. Traveling by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam usually takes around 8 hours and 2 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 6 hours and 2 minutes.
|Distance||327 mi (527 km)|
|Fastest train||6h 2m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: €41 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: €39 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: €41 one-way
Which train should you take from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam?
There are 3 train lines with service from Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg to Amsterdam, North Holland. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 16 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||1||11h 11m||€40.79|
|Deutsche Bahn||16||8h 8m||€62.71|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||12||7h 46m||€66.07|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam?
The distance between Schwäbisch Gmünd and Amsterdam is approximately 327 miles, or 527 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours and 2 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 6 hours and 2 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwäbisch Gmünd at 03:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 23:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam?
There are 23 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Amsterdam to Schwäbisch Gmünd. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam for €37.00.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There is one train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam has one train station.
Need a return trip from Amsterdam to Schwäbisch Gmünd?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Evere
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Halle Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Prague Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Kirchberg an der Murr
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Stuttgart Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Neufahrn bei Freising
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Nuremberg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Liederbach am Taunus Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Marburg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Brunswick Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Hiddenhausen
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Paderborn
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Bolzano Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Trento
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Eindhoven Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Rotterdam Train
Continue by train from Amsterdam
- Train from Amsterdam to Berlin
- Amsterdam to Ehrenkirchen
- Amsterdam to Oberndorf Train
- Train from Amsterdam to Bad Kissingen
- Train from Amsterdam to Bindlach
- Amsterdam to Bubenreuth Train
- Amsterdam to Deuerling Train
- Amsterdam to Graben Train
- Amsterdam to Taufkirchen Train
- Amsterdam to Scheeßel Train
- Amsterdam to Bedburg Train
- Train from Amsterdam to Bedburg-Hau
- Train from Amsterdam to Kleve
- Amsterdam to Rommerskirchen Train
- Train from Amsterdam to Mendig
- Amsterdam to Steinwenden Train
- Train from Amsterdam to Schiffweiler
- Train from Amsterdam to Elsnigk
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.