Search train tickets to Liverpool
How to get to Liverpool by train
|Trips per day||1,109|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Although Liverpool is only England's 10th largest city, its fame ballooned as the birthplace of the world's biggest rock band: The Beatles. Visiting Liverpool would not be complete without a trip to the iconic Beatles Statue, located near the port, followed by a visit to The Beatles Story museum, where visitors can immerse themselves in the band's rise to fame.
To explore some of Liverpool's older history, the Merseyside Maritime Museum provides fascinating exhibits on the city's great port-town past, including exhibitions on the Titanic as well as the Battle of the Atlantic. Football fanatics should check out the world-famous Anfield Stadium, where regular tours help visitors revel in the history and glory of this iconic football club.
Traveling to Liverpool is easy thanks to several rail providers, which facilitate travel around the Liverpool City Region and beyond. Liverpool also has two significant bus terminals for access via coach and an international airport for those traveling from further afield.
Liverpool's main rail terminus, Lime Street Station, was opened in 1836, making it the oldest operating mainline rail station in the world. It receives regular services from London via TransPennine Express. Local Merseyrail services arrive and depart from under the main station concourse. Here you'll find several stores and restaurants, as well as coffee shops such as Starbucks, restrooms, and luggage lockers. Long-distance National Express and Megabus coaches depart from the bus station at Liverpool One shopping mall, a six-minute walk away.
Popular train stations in Liverpool:
Liverpool Lime Street Station
Liverpool South Parkway Station
Liverpool James St
Wavertree Technology Park
What train companies travel to Liverpool, United Kingdom?
Located in United Kingdom, Liverpool is accessible by train from 87 other cities. You can choose from 1109 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Liverpool on Wanderu. Northern Rail usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Liverpool are also available..
Train companies serving Liverpool
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Northern Rail||44||1h 0m||$18.92|
|East Midlands Railway||28||2h 11m||$53.99|
|West Midlands Railway||21||1h 22m||$41.95|
|Avanti West Coast||15||2h 19m||$103.10|
|TransPennine Express||13||1h 33m||$31.97|
|Transport For Wales||8||1h 14m||$22.79|
|Greater Anglia||3||5h 36m||$187.32|
|First Hull Trains||1||3h 25m||$132.11|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Liverpool?
Where is the train station in Liverpool, United Kingdom?
The busiest train station in Liverpool is Liverpool Lime Street Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Liverpool are:
- Liverpool Lime Street Station
- Liverpool South Parkway Station
- Roby Station
What is the closest airport to Liverpool, LIV?
Is Liverpool a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Liverpool?
How much do train tickets to Liverpool cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Liverpool?
Top train routes to and from Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Chester
- train from Liverpool to Manchester
- train from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool
- train from Newton-le-Willows to Liverpool
- train from Glasgow to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Birmingham
- train from Bootle to Liverpool
- train from Waterloo to Liverpool
- train from St Helens to Liverpool
- train from Birmingham to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Newton-le-Willows
- train from Manchester to Liverpool
- train from Prescot to Liverpool
- train from Formby to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Prescot
- train from Wigan to Liverpool
- train from Leeds to Liverpool
- train from Edinburgh to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Scarborough
- train from Liverpool to Birkenhead
- train from Liverpool to Wigan
- train from Liverpool to Dewsbury
- train from Preston to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to St Helens
- train from Liverpool to Bootle
- train from Liverpool to London
- train from Liverpool to Leeds
- train from Huddersfield to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Nottingham
- train from Hightown to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Runcorn
- train from London to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Widnes
- train from Liverpool to Warrington
- train from Dewsbury to Liverpool
- train from Huyton to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Sheffield
- train from Liverpool to Glasgow
- train from Birkenhead to Liverpool
- train from Liverpool to Crosby
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.