Search train tickets to Charlotte
How to get to Charlotte by train
|Trips per day||123|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
A mecca for fans of speed in general and for NASCAR in particular, Charlotte is a burgeoning urban center that still retains its southern charm. Even if you are not a hardcore fan of NASCAR, it is still worth taking the time to check it out. Housing more than just plaques dedicated to legendary drivers, the museum also features high-tech exhibits, as well as racing simulators to keep you enthralled. If cars are not your thing, the bustling Uptown area, which houses the city’s top museums such as Discovery Place or Mint Museum Uptown, will offer a day’s worth of interesting facts to enjoy. When you wish to get away from the hustle and bustle of Uptown, Freedom Park, located about three miles north of the city center, provides a natural refuge where you can recover.
Charlotte’s food scene is brimming with life, as modernized Southern staples take the city by storm. Perhaps the best place to enjoy the tastiest Southern dishes in town is at Price’s Chicken Coop. If you are looking to enjoy some fine barbecues, Midwood Smokehouse or Noble Smoke might have what you need.
Charlotte’s busiest bus station is at W 4th St in the heart of the city, offering bus trips by several carriers like Greyhound and Jefferson Lines to other cities such as Richmond or New York. The city is served by three Amtrak lines: the Crescent, the Carolinian, and the Piedmont. Travelers can catch these trains at the station on Tryon St in Lockwood. The main airport of the city is the Charlotte Douglas International Airport, which is the sixth-busiest airport in the country. It is located 6 miles from the city center.
The busiest train station in North Carolina is located at 1914 N Tryon St, slightly northeast of downtown Charlotte. This station is the origin point for the Amtrak Carolinian to New York City and the Amtrak Piedmont to Raleigh. The Amtrak Crescent also stops in Charlotte on its route from New York City to New Orleans. The station has free parking and vending machines onsite, and is close to several stations for the local LYNX light rail.
Popular train stations in Charlotte:
1914 N Tryon St
What train companies travel to Charlotte, North Carolina?
Located in North Carolina, Charlotte is accessible by train from 44 other cities. You can choose from 123 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Charlotte on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Charlotte are also available..
Train companies serving Charlotte
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Charlotte?
Where is the train station in Charlotte, NC?
The main train station in Charlotte is 1914 N Tryon St. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Charlotte.
Which train service has the best service to Charlotte?
What is the closest airport to Charlotte, NC?
Is Charlotte a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Charlotte?
How much do train tickets to Charlotte cost?
What type of traveler does Charlotte attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Charlotte?
Top train routes to and from Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Gastonia
- train from Charlotte to Raleigh
- train from Raleigh to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Philadelphia
- train from Charlotte to Durham
- train from Charlotte to Greensboro
- train from Charlotte to Atlanta
- train from Durham to Charlotte
- train from Philadelphia to Charlotte
- train from Gastonia to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Washington
- train from Kannapolis to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Burlington
- train from Camden to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Jacksonville
- train from Hamlet to Charlotte
- train from High Point to Charlotte
- train from Greensboro to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Salisbury
- train from Wilson to Charlotte
- train from Richmond to Charlotte
- train from Newark to Charlotte
- train from Orlando to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to West Palm Beach
- train from Charlotte to Cary
- train from Charlotte to Savannah
- train from Atlanta to Charlotte
- train from Winston-Salem to Charlotte
- train from Salisbury to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to High Point
- train from Cary to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Orlando
- train from Charlotte to Fredericksburg
- train from Charlotte to New York
- train from Charlotte to Los Angeles
- train from Charlotte to Chicago
- train from Washington to Charlotte
- train from New York to Charlotte
- train from Charlotte to Winston-Salem
- train from Spartanburg to Charlotte
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.