Compare train tickets from Philadelphia to Washington DC
Train service from Philadelphia to Washington DC
- Amtrak Acela tickets: £107 one-way
- Amtrak Cardinal tickets: £41 one-way
- Amtrak Carolinian tickets: £41 one-way
- Amtrak Crescent tickets: £41 one-way
- Amtrak Northeast Regional tickets: £33 one-way
- Amtrak Palmetto tickets: £41 one-way
- Amtrak Silver Service tickets: £41 one-way
- Amtrak Vermonter tickets: £33 one-way
Schedule & Pricing Info
How much are train tickets from Philadelphia to Washington DC?
|Fastest Train||1h 42m|
|Trains Per Day||14|
Philadelphia-Washington DC Train Timetable
train Trip Reviews from Wanderu Customers
Frequently Asked Questions
What Amtrak lines travel from Philadelphia to Washington?
There are 8 Amtrak lines that travel between Philly and Washington, DC, combining for 40 daily trips.
- Amtrak Acela offers 13 daily trips from Philadelphia to Washington, and is the fastest train covering this route, with an average travel time of 1 hour and 44 minutes. It’s also the most expensive, with ticket prices averaging around $149.
- Amtrak Northeast Regional offers 18 daily trips from Philadelphia to Washington, with an average travel time of 2 hours. Tickets on the Northeast Regional average around $69.
- Amtrak Silver Service offers 2 daily trips from Philadelphia to Washington, with an average travel time of 1 hour and 58 minutes. Tickets on the Silver Service average around $101.51.
- Amtrak Vermonter offers 1 daily trip from Philadelphia to Washington, with an average travel time of 1 hour and 52 minutes. It’s also the cheapest option, with tickets averaging $65.36.
- Amtrak Carolinian, Cardinal, Crescent and Palmetto all offer 1 daily trip between Philadelphia and Washington, with trips taking about 2 hours and prices ranging between $72 and $82.
Where does the train drop you off in DC?
Incoming Amtrak lines in DC drop off passengers at Washington Union Station. Union Station is a historic train station, completed in 1908 by the famed architect Daniel Burnham. At Union Station you can board regional transit, including the Metro, the Maryland Rail Commuter Service (MARC), the Virginia Railway Express (VRE), and local buses.
From Philadelphia, trains depart from 30th Street Station. The first train of the day departs at 12:00 a.m., while the last train departs at 10:00 p.m.
Is Philadelphia to Washington a good day-trip?
How do you find cheap train tickets from Philadelphia to Washington DC?
How long is the train journey from Philadelphia to Washington DC?
When are trains the most crowded?
When are the first and last trains of the day?
How many trains per day run from Philadelphia to Washington DC?
There are 14 scheduled trains on most days. 14 of these are direct connections to Washington DC. While direct trains may still make stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains at any point. If you're looking to get to your destination faster, a direct train is the convenient and time-efficient choice.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Washington DC to Philadelphia. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Philadelphia to Washington DC for £0.82.
What train services are there from Philadelphia to Washington DC?
Where is the train station in Philadelphia?
There is one train station in Philadelphia:
- 30th St Station - 2955 Market St
Where is the train station in Washington DC?
Washington DC has one train station:
- Union Station
Plan your next adventure
- Washington D.C.