Compare train tickets from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo
How much are train tickets from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo?
|Fastest train||87h 44m|
|Trains per day||1|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo?
In the last month, €264.75 was the average price of a train ticket from Charlotte, NC to San Luis Obispo, CA. Given how far apart Charlotte and San Luis Obispo are from each other, there's no getting around the fact that most train tickets are on the pricier side. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo?
The distance between Charlotte and San Luis Obispo is approximately 2232 miles, or 3592 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 87 hours and 44 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Charlotte at 01:00 and arrives in San Luis Obispo around 87 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from San Luis Obispo to Charlotte.
Which train should you take from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Charlotte, North Carolina to San Luis Obispo, California. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||1||3d 15h 44m||€264.75|
Amtrak train tickets from Charlotte to San Luis Obispo start from €265, and on average cost €265. Daily there are 1 Amtrak schedules to San Luis Obispo. Amtrak in Charlotte leaves from 1914 N Tryon St, And in San Luis Obispo trains arrive at 1011 Railroad Ave, From Charlotte to San Luis Obispo train travel on Amtrak takes 87 hours and 44 minutes.
Where is the train station in Charlotte?
There is one train station in Charlotte:
- 1914 N Tryon St
Where is the train station in San Luis Obispo?
San Luis Obispo has one train station:
- 1011 Railroad Ave
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Charlotte
- Train from Charlotte to Phoenix
- Train from Charlotte to Los Angeles
- Train from Charlotte to Washington D.C.
- Charlotte to Miami Train
- Charlotte to Orlando Train
- Charlotte to Atlanta
- Charlotte to Chicago
- Train from Charlotte to New Orleans
- Charlotte to Boston Train
- Charlotte to Baltimore Train
- Train from Charlotte to Cary
- Train from Charlotte to Durham
- Train from Charlotte to Greensboro
- Train from Charlotte to Raleigh
- Train from Charlotte to Wilmington
- Train from Charlotte to Newark
- Charlotte to New York Train
- Charlotte to Philadelphia Train
Continue by train from San Luis Obispo
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Goleta
- San Luis Obispo to Lompoc Train
- San Luis Obispo to Los Angeles Train
- San Luis Obispo to Merced
- San Luis Obispo to Moorpark Train
- San Luis Obispo to Napa Train
- San Luis Obispo to Roseville Train
- Train from San Luis Obispo to San Bernardino
- Train from San Luis Obispo to San Clemente
- Train from San Luis Obispo to San Francisco
- San Luis Obispo to San Jose Train
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara
- San Luis Obispo to Santa Clara Train
- San Luis Obispo to Santa Clarita
- Train from San Luis Obispo to South Lake Tahoe
- San Luis Obispo to Stockton
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Klamath Falls
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Salt Lake City