The University of Phoenix Stadium, located in the warm suburb of Glendale, AZ, has become a top-notch international sports venue in the recent years, hosting many important events, additional to Arizona Cardinals NFL games.
The stadium hosted the Super Bowl XLII in 2008 and the Super Bowl XLIX in 2015. Also, the Mexican National Soccer Team, as well as the U.S. Men’s National Team, have taken the pitch in Glendale for several friendly games and regional tournaments like the Gold Cup and most recently, the stadium hosted the Copa America Centenario in 2016.
The University of Phoenix Stadium is also known for hosting world-class concerts like the Rolling Stones and One Direction.
Opening in 2006, the home of the Cardinals is one of the biggest and most modern stadiums in the country. For everyone interested in attending games or events at this venue, we have put together a guide with directions to University of Phoenix Stadium, as well as other useful information to travel to Phoenix and Glendale.
How to Get to Phoenix from Your Location
Phoenix is the most popular travel destination in Arizona. You can easily travel to Phoenix from different locations on the West Coast such as Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas with the help of various carriers like Greyhound, Amtrak, and Tufesa. In addition, companies like Greyhound offer daily service into the city from hubs all over the U.S., like Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta and New York City.
Check out Wanderu’s 200+ bus and train routes to Phoenix to find the cheapest way to get into town from anywhere in the country.
Go to Wanderu.com to find the cheapest bus and train tickets to travel to Phoenix, then follow the directions to the University of Phoenix Stadium and you’ll be on your way to your event.
Directions to University of Phoenix Stadium
When you travel to Phoenix, most buses and trains will drop you off in Central City, near the downtown area. Once you’re there, you will travel 20 miles northwest to the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. The address of the stadium is 1 Cardinals Dr, Glendale, AZ 85305.
Although the stadium is located in the suburbs outside the Phoenix city limits, it is accessible via public transportation. There are different local buses that you can take to Glendale – all operated by Valley Metro. If you take a bus, it will take you around one hour and 45 minutes to arrive at the University of Phoenix Stadium.
If time is an issue for you, you can take a ride-share service like Uber or Lyft from Central City to Glendale. I will cost around $20-$30 and get you there in 25 minutes.
Amtrak and Greyhound Passengers
1. The bus or train will drop you off at the Greyhound Station on 2225 E Buckeye Road.
2. From the station, you will walk to the 24th Street & Buckeye Road bus stop to take the 70 bus towards Glendale/99th Avenue.
These are the directions that you will need to follow to walk to the bus stop from the Greyhound Station:
3. From there, you will take the 70 bus towards Glendale (89 stops) and get off at the Glendale Avenue & 95th Avenue stop. This is the route the bus will take:
4. When you get to the Glendale Avenue & 95th Avenue stop, you will be a short walk away from the University of Phoenix Stadium (around half a mile). Here is a map of how to get to the stadium:
1. The bus will drop you off at a station on W McDowell Road and 27th Avenue (the exact address is 1670 N 27th Avenue). From there, you will need to take two buses to get to the University of Phoenix Stadium. It will take around one hour and 40 minutes to get there.
2. First, you will walk from the station to the 27th Avenue & McDowell Road stop to catch the 27 bus towards Deer Valley.
Here are the directions that you will have to follow to walk to the bus stop from the station:
3. From the stop, you will catch the 27 bus towards Deer Valley and get off at the 27th Avenue and Glendale Avenue stop (20 stops). Here is the route that the bus will take:
4. At the 27th Avenue & Glendale Avenue stop, you will catch the 70 bus towards Glendale and get off at the Glendale Avenue and 95th Avenue stop (41 stops).
5. From there, follow the directions above to walk to the University of Phoenix Stadium.
About Metro Valley Fares
A single-ride on the Valley Metro bus costs $2. A day-pass is $4 if you purchase it in advance or $6 if you purchase it on the bus. When you ride the bus, you can pay your fare in cash. If you wish to purchase a pass with a debit or credit card, you can do so online by visiting the Valley Metro website. You can find more information about Valley Metro fares here.
Now you have all the information you need to plan your outing to the University of Phoenix Stadium.
Visit Wanderu.com to save $$ on your ride and prepare to enjoy your event in Glendale. Also, if you are looking for things to do in Phoenix, don’t forget to check out our customized Phoenix travel guide to learn about some cool places you can visit while you’re in town.
Book your ride with Wanderu now and score the greatest deals on bus or train tickets to travel to Phoenix!