Grab your friends, pack your bags, and get in touch with your inner country lover because there are endless fun things to do in Nashville, Tennessee! From amazing landmarks like the Parthenon to delicious food treats like The Pharmacy’s infamous farm burger, a good time awaits.
Known as the home of numerous country music landmarks, Nashville is full of talent and entertainment everywhere you turn. Take the trip with Wanderu this summer and enjoy the simplest way to book your cheap bus tickets!
Things to Do in Nashville:
1. Did you know that Nashville is known as “The Athens of the South?” Experience a part of Greece right here in Nashville at the Parthenon in Centennial Park with the only full-scale reproduction of the Greek temple in the world!
2. When you are thinking about what to do in Nashville, you should certainly consider the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Discover the history and traditions behind country music and be sure to explore the constantly-changing exhibits!
3. It is never a bad idea to grab lunch at The Pharmacy Burger Parlor & Beer Garden! From their infamous farm burger to 100% pure cane sugar sodas and extensive beer list, you are bound to leave satisfied!
4. Check out the prize possession of Nashville, The Listening Room Cafe or Bluebird Cafe, where songwriters are brought out of their comfort-zones, a.k.a. from behind the scenes, to take on the stage and sing their hits that made top artists famous!
5. Take a tour of what has been named the “Mother Church of Country Music,” Ryman Auditorium. Maybe even check out a show at this national historic landmark!
6. Hit the clubs on Lower Broadway located behind the auditorium! Lucky for you, you can find some of the best honky-tonks and bars in the nation right here. Wanderu tip? You can’t go wrong with Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge or Legends Corner.
7. Take a short drive down south of Nashville for a beautiful stroll through the charming and endearing Belle Meade Plantation, a 30-acre premier plantation with a Victorian-esque manor.
8. Grab a beer and one of the famous pretzel sandwiches (with Gerst cheese dip on the side, of course) at Village Pub and Beer Garden! With a wrap-around patio open year-round and friendly southern service, this Village Pub is the place to unwind with some friends after a long week.
9. Come for a show or take a behind-the-scenes tour of the “country’s most famous stage” – the Grand Ole Opry, which is celebrating 90 years of country music!
10. Grab a good book, a blanket, and some friends to enjoy a relaxing day at Cumberland Park! Stay awhile and catch a glimpse of the summer sun setting around the Nashville skyline.
11. The family-run Arnold’s Country Kitchen is an absolute must. No ifs, ands, or buts! If you are in Nashville only for an hour, this is one of those places where you must go. The old-school atmosphere and the old-fashioned cooking perfectly blends together for a warm dining experience that will remind you of a southern grandma’s kitchen!