Hey there wanderers,
Hurricane Michael is expected to severely impact the Gulf Coast of Florida throughout the upcoming days. It is forecast to strike the Florida Panhandle as a Category 3 hurricane, causing dangerous storm surge flooding, destructive winds and flooding rainfall. Michael is then expected to move inland, bringing heavy rain and strong winds to other parts of the southeastern United States.
Due to the severe weather conditions, a number of bus and train carriers will suspend or delay their scheduled service. We will be updating this page and our Twitter feed as more information becomes available from our bus and train travel partners.
The following carriers have already issues travel advisories:
Amtrak is modifying service to and from Florida and points north. The following train schedules have been adjusted:
- Amtrak Silver Star Trains 91 & 92 (New York – Miami) will operate only between Miami and Jacksonville through at least Oct 11.
No substitute transportation will be provided between Jacksonville and New York.
- Amtrak Palmetto Trains 89 & 90 (New York – Savannah) will only operate between New York and Washington, DC, through at least Oct 11.
No substitute transportation will be provided between Washington, D.C. and Savannah, GA.
For the latest information on how your trip might be impacted, please contact Amtrak directly at +1 (800) 872-7245.
In anticipation of Tropical Storm Michael, Greyhound will cancel service between the following cities beginning on Wednesday 10/10/18 until further notice.
If your bus will be cancelled and you need to rebook your trip please contact Greyhound’s customer care team at (833) 233-8507.
Megabus has announced that, in anticipation of Hurricane Michael, there will be cancellations for overnight trips from Atlanta to New Orleans and Orlando.
The company will send out emails regarding trip information and refunds. If you have any questions, reach out to Megabus directly at (877) 462-6342.
Due to Hurricane Michael, the following routes have been affected:
- Atlanta, GA & Houston, TX
- Atlanta, GA & Mobile, AL
- Atlanta, GA & Tallahassee, FL
- Atlanta, GA & New Orleans, LA
- Birmingham, AL & Mobile, AL
- Birmingham, AL & Tallahassee, FL
- Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA
- Houston, TX & Orlando, FL
- Houston, TX & Mobile, AL
- Jackson, MS & Mobile, AL
- Jacksonville, FL & Tallahassee, FL
- Miami, FL & Tallahassee, FL
- Mobile, AL & Houston, TX
- Mobile, AL & Orlando, FL
- Mobile, AL & Atlanta, GA
- Mobile, AL & Birmingham, AL
- Mobile, AL & New Orleans, LA
- New Orleans, LA & Atlanta, GA
- Orlando, FL & Mobile, AL
- Orlando, FL & Houston, TX
- Tampa, FL & Tallahassee, FL
If you have any questions, reach out to RedCoach directly at (877) 733-0724.
If you already have plans to travel to or within the affected areas, please contact the bus or train carrier directly to inquire about the status of your trip.
Please take necessary precautions when traveling during the hurricane and stay safe!
-The Wanderu Team
- Miami, FL to Tallahassee, FL (services 1030 and 9043) are cancelled for Tuesday, Oct 9.
- Tallahassee, FL to Miami, FL via Tampa (services 1033 and 9035) are cancelled for Wednesday, Oct 10.