Compare train tickets from Dodge City to Garden City
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Dodge City to Garden City. Traveling by train from Dodge City to Garden City usually takes around 49 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||49 mi (79 km)|
|Fastest train||0h 49m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak Southwest Chief|
Price trends for trains from Dodge City to Garden City
Monthly average prices
Which train should you take from Dodge City to Garden City?
Amtrak Southwest Chief is the one and only train line which connects Dodge City, Kansas to Garden City, Kansas. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Southwest Chief||1||0h 49m||$26.40|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Dodge City to Garden City during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Dodge City to Garden City?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Dodge City to Garden City are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Dodge City at 5:00am and arrives in Garden City within the hour.
Is there a direct train from Dodge City to Garden City?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. Luckily, this train will get you to Garden City with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Garden City to Dodge City.
Where is the train station in Dodge City?
There is one train station in Dodge City.
Where is the train station in Garden City?
Garden City has one train station.
Need a return trip from Garden City to Dodge City?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Dodge City
- Dodge City to Phoenix
- Dodge City to Los Angeles Train
- Train from Dodge City to San Diego
- Dodge City to Denver
- Train from Dodge City to Washington D.C.
- Dodge City to Miami
- Dodge City to Orlando Train
- Train from Dodge City to Chicago
- Train from Dodge City to Wichita
- Train from Dodge City to Kansas City
- Train from Dodge City to Omaha
- Train from Dodge City to Albuquerque
- Train from Dodge City to Oklahoma City
- Dodge City to Portland
- Dodge City to Fort Worth Train
- Dodge City to Houston Train
- Dodge City to San Antonio
- Train from Dodge City to Salt Lake City
Continue by train from Garden City
- Train from Garden City to Phoenix
- Garden City to Los Angeles Train
- Train from Garden City to San Diego
- Garden City to Colorado Springs Train
- Train from Garden City to Denver
- Garden City to Chicago Train
- Train from Garden City to Dodge City
- Train from Garden City to Lawrence
- Train from Garden City to Topeka
- Train from Garden City to Wichita
- Garden City to Kansas City
- Train from Garden City to St Louis
- Train from Garden City to Albuquerque
- Train from Garden City to Las Vegas
- Garden City to New York Train
- Train from Garden City to Oklahoma City
- Garden City to Dallas
- Garden City to San Antonio Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.