Compare train tickets from Brattleboro to Montpelier
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Brattleboro to Montpelier. Traveling by train from Brattleboro to Montpelier usually takes around 2 hours and 38 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||97 mi (157 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 38m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak Vermonter|
Which train should you take from Brattleboro to Montpelier?
Amtrak Vermonter is the one and only train line which connects Brattleboro, Vermont to Montpelier, Vermont. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Vermonter||1||2h 38m||$26.67|
The Vermonter is an Amtrak passenger train that connects St. Albans, VT to Washington, D.C. by way of New York City. The journey is renowned for the beautiful scenic views that it presents as it passes through the Green Mountains and the Berkshires. Aboard the Vermonter, passengers can enjoy free WiFi, power outlets at every seat and extra legroom. You can also grab a bite to eat or enjoy a refreshing beverage from the train’s café. There are 1 Vermonter trains traveling from Brattleboro to Montpelier every day, with prices starting from $18.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Brattleboro to Montpelier during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Brattleboro to Montpelier?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Brattleboro to Montpelier are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Friday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Brattleboro at 4:00pm and arrives in Montpelier around 2 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Brattleboro to Montpelier?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. Luckily, this train will get you to Montpelier with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains.
Where is the train station in Brattleboro?
There is one train station in Brattleboro.
Where is the train station in Montpelier?
Montpelier has one train station.
Need a return trip from Montpelier to Brattleboro?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Brattleboro
- Train from Brattleboro to Bridgeport
- Train from Brattleboro to Hartford
- Train from Brattleboro to Meriden
- Train from Brattleboro to New Haven
- Train from Brattleboro to Stamford
- Train from Brattleboro to Washington D.C.
- Brattleboro to Boston
- Train from Brattleboro to Northampton
- Train from Brattleboro to Springfield
- Train from Brattleboro to Baltimore
- Train from Brattleboro to Newark
- Train from Brattleboro to Trenton
- Brattleboro to New York Train
- Brattleboro to Philadelphia Train
- Brattleboro to Providence Train
- Train from Brattleboro to Essex Junction
- Brattleboro to St Albans City
- Brattleboro to White River Junction Train
Continue by train from Montpelier
- Train from Montpelier to Hartford
- Montpelier to New Haven Train
- Train from Montpelier to New London
- Montpelier to Washington D.C.
- Montpelier to Boston Train
- Montpelier to Greenfield Train
- Train from Montpelier to Northampton
- Montpelier to Springfield Train
- Montpelier to Worcester Train
- Montpelier to Baltimore Train
- Montpelier to Newark Train
- Train from Montpelier to New York
- Montpelier to Rensselaer Train
- Montpelier to Philadelphia Train
- Montpelier to Providence Train
- Montpelier to Brattleboro
- Montpelier to St Albans City Train
- Train from Montpelier to White River Junction
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.