Providence, RI is not the largest city, but it sure makes up for its size with its thriving and vibrant culture! With great dining places, a lively cultural scene and historical tours, this quaint city offers something for every taste. With so many fun things to do in Providence, why wouldn’t you want to visit this amazing city?!
And don’t worry about getting there. As always we’ve got you covered, fellow wanderers:
Cheap bus tickets to Providence, RI from all over the U.S. & Canada
1. Are you hungry from traveling to Providence and is your blood sugar so low that you can barely function? If so, or if you want a fun-filled evening with LOTS of good food, then spend your evening at Los Andes, a hot spot for Bolivian and Peruvian cuisine. With their incredible dishes and even more outstanding atmosphere, this will definitely end up being on your list of the best places you visited in Providence!
2. Providence has many great colleges & universities, including one of the oldest universities in the United States, Brown! This prestigious Ivy League school has a beautiful campus and a lot going on, even during the summer.
3. For more fun outdoor things to do in Providence, spend an afternoon, or the whole day, at Roger Williams Park. With 430 acres of land, this park is home to the Carousel Village, outdoor gardens, waterways, nice places to walk, the Museum of Natural History, Planetarium, Temple to Music, and, of course, the Roger Williams Park Zoo! Have fun!
4. Spend a day on the water at India Point Park. Take sailing lessons while enjoying the beautiful summer sun and working on that tan!
5. Checking out WaterFire is an absolute staple on the list of fun things to do in Providence. With fire sculptures in the three rivers in the downtown area, Providence’s signature event is a must-see for an exciting nighttime show!
6. Shop ‘till you drop at the Providence Place Mall! With so many different stores to choose from, it is a perfect place to spend a rainy afternoon.
7. The city of Providence provides many nice places to walk, including Memorial Blvd. Take a stroll along the Providence River to enjoy beautiful views of the city and its wonderful architecture!
8. Check out one of the best art museums in the country – The Rhode Island School of Design Museum. You won’t be disappointed!
9. Get a taste of Italian romance by taking a Gondola ride down the river. You’ll feel like you’re in Venice while relaxing and being entertained by your gondolier. What a fabulous way to spend your evening, don’t you think?
10. Want to eat some hot dogs and watch some baseball? Then you’re in luck! Watch the Minor League Baseball team, the Pawtucket Red Sox, which is right outside of Providence. It may not be the pros, but the experience is just as fun. These guys still have a lot of talent and so much love for the game!
11. Make sure to go to the Alex and Ani City Center! This Center has an outdoor skating rink that is twice the size of the one at the Rockefeller Center in NYC. Even though there isn’t any ice skating during the summer, the Center holds many other fun events like the Providence Roller Derby and the Annual Bolivian Festival (Saturday, August 11-12), celebrating the strong Bolivian culture prevalent in Rhode Island.
12. For one last bang in your list of fun things to do in Providence, check out the Comedy Connection of Rhode Island. This place features some of the biggest names in stand-up comedy and entertainment every week. This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy your time in Providence with a really good laugh!
Wanderu will help you find the simplest way of booking cheap bus tickets to Providence, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your much-needed vacation!