Search train tickets to Cologne
How to get to Cologne by train
|Trips per day||21,636|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There's no shortage of sights, culture, history, and adventure in Cologne, an alluring city on the Rhine. One of the most famous landmarks of the city is the Cologne Cathedral. This Gothic building and UNESCO World Heritage site remains the most iconic structure in the city. In fact, the Cologne Cathedral is the most visited landmark in Germany. Next door, the Museum Ludwig contrasts the cathedral's sense of history with an impressive collection of modern art, including works by Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol.
Cologne's breadth of museums also caters to a younger crowd. Families with children should head to the Cologne Chocolate Museum along the river or the Cologne Zoological Garden for memorable, kid-friendly experiences.
Foodies, rejoice! Cologne is home to mouthwatering German delicacies and upscale restaurants. Start your day with breakfast at Café Sehnsucht. For lunch, visit Herings Im Martinswinkel, and for dinner, head over to Bei Oma Kleinmann to feel like you're visiting your long-lost German grandmother.
Trains like Deutsche Bahn, DB Intercity, and FlixTrain connect Cologne to other major European cities, including Munich, Paris, and Vienna. You can also catch a bus from Cologne on FlixBus, BlaBlaCar Bus, Sindbad, Union Ivkoni, or Columbuzz. Plus, the Cologne Bonn Airport is a large, well-outfitted airport with daily international flights for travelers coming from afar.
What train companies travel to Cologne, Germany?
Located in Germany, Cologne is accessible by train from 1735 other cities. You can choose from 21636 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Cologne on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Cologne are also available.
Train companies serving Cologne
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||1548||3h 58m||$62.08|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||1536||4h 0m||$52.28|
|DB Intercity-Express||572||3h 26m||$61.66|
|DB Intercity||327||2h 50m||$37.25|
|Non-federally owned railway company||143||2h 30m||$30.36|
|National Express||59||1h 27m||$21.67|
|DB Eurocity||48||3h 5m||$39.14|
Vlexx is a German train company based in the city of Mainz that runs regular passenger services across western Germany in Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, and Hesse, plus branching out to Wissembourg in France. Vlexx trains have large picture windows to enjoy the landscapes, plus plenty of legroom for each seat, step-free access, and specific areas for storing bicycles.
Part of the FlixBus family, FlixTrain launched in 2018 to offer affordable and sustainable train travel in Germany. Its trains provide Wi-Fi, power outlets, air conditioning, onboard restrooms, and access to an entertainment portal full of movies, games, and music. In addition, each passenger gets a guaranteed seat, so you don't have to worry about standing in any aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Cologne?
Where is the train station in Cologne, Germany?
The busiest train station in Cologne is Central Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Cologne are:
- Central Station
- Köln Messe/Deutz Gl.11-12
- Cologne Central Station
What is the closest airport to Cologne, NW?
Is Cologne a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Cologne?
How much do train tickets to Cologne cost?
What type of traveler does Cologne attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Cologne?
Top train routes to and from Cologne
- train from Cologne to Mannheim
- train from Cologne to Nuremberg
- train from Siegburg to Cologne
- train from Mainz to Cologne
- train from Stuttgart to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Bonn
- train from Cologne to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Alfter to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Amsterdam
- train from Cologne to Essen
- train from Cologne to Erlangen
- train from Troisdorf to Cologne
- train from Hanau to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Berlin
- train from Langenfeld to Cologne
- train from Leichlingen to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Duisburg
- train from Cologne to Düsseldorf
- train from Düsseldorf to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Tilburg
- train from Dortmund to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Budapest
- train from Cologne to Leverkusen
- train from Bornheim to Cologne
- train from Munich to Cologne
- train from Hamburg to Cologne
- train from Leverkusen to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Munich
- train from Cologne to Dortmund
- train from Cologne to Wittmund
- train from Basel to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Hamburg
- train from Berlin to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Stuttgart
- train from Brussels to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Brussels
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Cologne
- train from Cologne to Wuppertal
- train from Amsterdam to Cologne
- train from Mannheim to Cologne
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.