Compare train tickets from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 3 daily trains from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen. Traveling by train from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen usually takes around 3 hours and 49 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company train can make the trip in 2 hours and 18 minutes.
|Distance||8 mi (13 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 18m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Which train should you take from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen?
2 train services operate from Romanshorn, Thurgau to Friedrichshafen, Baden-Württemberg. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company usually has more trains scheduled, with 2 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||1||2h 50m||$29.23|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||2||4h 20m||$29.23|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Friday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Romanshorn at 12:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 9:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Romanshorn to Friedrichshafen?
There are 3 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Friedrichshafen to Romanshorn.
Where is the train station in Romanshorn?
There is one train station in Romanshorn.
Where is the train station in Friedrichshafen?
Friedrichshafen has one train station.
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Romanshorn
- Train from Romanshorn to Berlin
- Train from Romanshorn to Bad Urach
- Romanshorn to Dettingen an der Erms Train
- Train from Romanshorn to Kirchentellinsfurt
- Romanshorn to Oberboihingen Train
- Train from Romanshorn to Ravensburg
- Train from Romanshorn to Reutlingen
- Train from Romanshorn to Stuttgart
- Romanshorn to Wangen im Allgäu Train
- Train from Romanshorn to Ansbach
- Romanshorn to Munich Train
- Train from Romanshorn to Nuremberg
- Train from Romanshorn to Brühl
- Romanshorn to Cologne
- Train from Romanshorn to Dormagen
- Train from Romanshorn to Duisburg
- Train from Romanshorn to Düsseldorf
- Romanshorn to Essen Train
Continue by train from Friedrichshafen
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Linz
- Friedrichshafen to Antwerp Train
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Hasselt
- Friedrichshafen to Fribourg Train
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Aichstetten
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Reutlingen
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Kempten
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Starnberg
- Friedrichshafen to Giessen Train
- Friedrichshafen to Bochum Train
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Cologne
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Mühlheim an der Ruhr
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Rheda-Wiedenbrück
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Koblenz
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Mainz
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Neumünster
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Odense
- Train from Friedrichshafen to Stockholm
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.