Compare train tickets from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 15 daily trains from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg. Traveling by train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg usually takes around 5 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 53 minutes.
|Distance||90 mi (145 km)|
|Fastest train||3h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg?
2 train services operate from Sachsen bei Ansbach, Bavaria to Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 14 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||14||4h 33m||$68.97|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||1||7h 21m||$75.75|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Sachsen bei Ansbach at 1:00pm while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Heidelberg?
There are 15 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Heidelberg to Sachsen bei Ansbach.
Where is the train station in Sachsen bei Ansbach?
There is one train station in Sachsen bei Ansbach.
Where is the train station in Heidelberg?
Heidelberg has one train station.
Need a return trip from Heidelberg to Sachsen bei Ansbach?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Sachsen bei Ansbach
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Salzburg
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Prague Train
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Berlin
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Schwetzingen
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Stuttgart Train
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Augsburg Train
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Munich Train
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Wurzburg Train
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Bad Sooden-Allendorf
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Neckarsteinach
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Lüdersdorf
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Einbeck
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Essen
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Römerberg
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Paris Train
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Luxembourg
- Sachsen bei Ansbach to Nijmegen
- Train from Sachsen bei Ansbach to Wijchen
Continue by train from Heidelberg
- Train from Heidelberg to Andermatt
- Train from Heidelberg to Kirchheim unter Teck
- Heidelberg to Lahr Train
- Heidelberg to Regensburg Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Greifswald
- Heidelberg to Alsdorf Train
- Heidelberg to Rheda-Wiedenbrück Train
- Heidelberg to Waldfischbach-Burgalben Train
- Heidelberg to Homburg Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.