Compare train tickets from Frankfurt to Völklingen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 36 daily trains from Frankfurt to Völklingen. Traveling by train from Frankfurt to Völklingen usually takes around 3 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 24 minutes.
|Distance||101 mi (162 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 0m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Frankfurt to Völklingen?
2 train services operate from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Völklingen, Saarland. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 27 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||27||2h 49m||$47.76|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||9||3h 11m||$49.23|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt to Völklingen?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt to Völklingen are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt at 8:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt to Völklingen?
There are 36 scheduled trains on most days. There is one direct train, which you can stay on for the entire journey from Frankfurt to Völklingen. In contrast, taking a non-direct train would require you to transfer trains during your trip.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Völklingen to Frankfurt.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt?
There is one train station in Frankfurt.
Where is the train station in Völklingen?
Völklingen receives travelers from Frankfurt at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Völklingen:
Need a return trip from Völklingen to Frankfurt?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Sargans
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Sontheim
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Altötting
- Frankfurt am Main to Hirschaid Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Schneeberg
- Frankfurt am Main to Elmenhorst Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Bestwig
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Erftstadt
- Frankfurt am Main to Havixbeck
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Lage
- Frankfurt am Main to Andernach Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Gutenacker
- Frankfurt am Main to Sulzbachtal Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Sneek
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Duivendrecht
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Schiedam
- Frankfurt am Main to Kluczbork Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Łódź
Continue by train from Völklingen
- Train from Völklingen to Jena
- Train from Völklingen to Rohr
- Völklingen to Randers Train
- Völklingen to Marseille Train
- Völklingen to Paris Train
- Train from Völklingen to Venlo
- Train from Völklingen to Koog aan de Zaan
- Train from Völklingen to Zaandam
- Völklingen to Rotterdam Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.