Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley trains
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley. Traveling by train from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley usually takes around 33 hours and 9 minutes, but the fastest Amtrak train can make the trip in 33 hours and 4 minutes.
|Distance||809 mi (1302 km)|
|Fastest train||33h 4m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||1||1d 9h 10m||$169.25|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 1 Amtrak trains from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley every day, as well as 3 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from $169.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
Although masks are no longer required on public transportation, we stand behind CDC guidelines that encourage passengers to wear a mask over their nose and mouth while on the train or in stations.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley?
How long is the train journey from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley?
The distance between Las Vegas and Yosemite Valley is approximately 809 miles, or 1302 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 33 hours and 9 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 33 hours and 4 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
On a weekly basis, the greatest number of passengers tend to travel by trains from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley on Tuesday. Tickets for Tuesday tend to also be the most expensive. For savvy travelers looking for cheaper priced tickets search for travel departing on Sunday. Sunday also tend to have less passengers which may make boarding faster and let you snag your perfect seat.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Las Vegas at 12:00pm and arrives in Yosemite Valley around 33 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Las Vegas to Yosemite Valley?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
Where is the train station in Las Vegas?
Main departure station: 500 Railroad Ave at Lincoln
There is one train station in Las Vegas.
All train stations in Las Vegas:
500 Railroad Ave at Lincoln
Where is the train station in Yosemite Valley?
Main arrival station: Camp 4
There are more train stations and stops in Yosemite Valley than most cities. Most trains from Las Vegas will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Yosemite Valley:
All train stations in Yosemite Valley:
Yosemite Valley Visitors Center
9010 Curry Village Drive
Get around town with Moovit
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Las Vegas
- Las Vegas to Phoenix
- Train from Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- Las Vegas to Monterey Train
- Train from Las Vegas to Oakland
- Train from Las Vegas to Colorado Springs
- Train from Las Vegas to Denver
- Las Vegas to Chicago
- Train from Las Vegas to Indianapolis
- Train from Las Vegas to Ann Arbor
- Train from Las Vegas to Detroit
- Train from Las Vegas to Kansas City
- Las Vegas to St Louis Train
- Train from Las Vegas to Fayetteville
- Train from Las Vegas to Albuquerque
- Train from Las Vegas to New York
- Las Vegas to Cleveland
- Train from Las Vegas to Oklahoma City
- Las Vegas to Salt Lake City
Continue by train from Yosemite Valley
- Yosemite Valley to Emeryville
- Yosemite Valley to Fresno Train
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Fullerton
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Los Angeles
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Martinez
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Merced
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Modesto
- Yosemite Valley to Oakland
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Pasadena
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Redding
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Richmond
- Yosemite Valley to Sacramento
- Yosemite Valley to San Diego Train
- Train from Yosemite Valley to San Francisco
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Stockton
- Train from Yosemite Valley to Eugene
- Yosemite Valley to Tacoma
- Yosemite Valley to Vancouver Train
Check out these popular routes
- London to Edinburgh Train
- Train from London to Manchester
- Train from London to Amsterdam
- Manchester to London Train
- Train from Oxford to London
- Train from Amsterdam to London
- Train from Washington D.C. to New York
- New York to Washington D.C. Train
- Train from New York to Boston
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.