Compare train tickets from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte
How much are train tickets from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte?
|Fastest train||27h 35m|
|Trains per day||2|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte?
In the last month, $176.00 was the average price of a train ticket from Virginia Beach, VA to Port Charlotte, FL. Tickets are generally somewhat expensive for this particular train route, which is to be expected given the long distance. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte?
The distance between Virginia Beach and Port Charlotte is approximately 771 miles, or 1240 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 30 hours and 25 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 27 hours and 35 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Sunday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Virginia Beach at 6:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 3:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte?
Trains leave the station in Virginia Beach twice a day, so there are a couple of options depending on your preferred travel time. However, there are no direct trains. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you change trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Port Charlotte to Virginia Beach. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte for $146.00.
Which train should you take from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Virginia Beach, Virginia to Port Charlotte, Florida. The schedule is relatively limited as the train only runs twice a day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||2||1d 6h 26m||$176.00|
Amtrak train tickets from Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte start from $176, and on average cost $176. Daily there are 2 Amtrak schedules to Port Charlotte. Amtrak in Virginia Beach leaves from 1912 Arctic Ave - Hampton Roads Transit Bus Stop, And in Port Charlotte trains arrive at 900 Kings Hwy, From Virginia Beach to Port Charlotte train travel on Amtrak takes 30 hours and 26 minutes. If you are looking to get to Port Charlotte faster, Amtrak offers more express schedule options with a travel time of 27 hours and 35 minutes. If you're considering a weeked trip, Amtrak offers 2 schedules for you to choose from. You can expect to pay $176 for a one-way train ticket to Port Charlotte.
Where is the train station in Virginia Beach?
There is one train station in Virginia Beach:
- 1912 Arctic Ave - Hampton Roads Transit Bus Stop
Where is the train station in Port Charlotte?
Port Charlotte has one train station:
- 900 Kings Hwy
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Virginia Beach
- Train from Virginia Beach to Denver
- Train from Virginia Beach to Bridgeport
- Virginia Beach to Washington D.C. Train
- Train from Virginia Beach to Daytona Beach
- Train from Virginia Beach to Fort Lauderdale
- Virginia Beach to West Palm Beach
- Virginia Beach to Indianapolis
- Virginia Beach to Boston Train
- Train from Virginia Beach to Springfield
- Train from Virginia Beach to Portland
- Train from Virginia Beach to Winston-Salem
- Train from Virginia Beach to Trenton
- Train from Virginia Beach to Buffalo
- Train from Virginia Beach to New York
- Virginia Beach to Rochester Train
- Virginia Beach to Cleveland Train
- Virginia Beach to Lancaster Train
- Virginia Beach to Roanoke Train
Continue by train from Port Charlotte
- Train from Port Charlotte to Solana Beach
- Port Charlotte to Trinidad
- Port Charlotte to Wilmington Train
- Train from Port Charlotte to Fort Lauderdale
- Train from Port Charlotte to Jacksonville
- Port Charlotte to Miami Train
- Port Charlotte to Orlando
- Port Charlotte to West Palm Beach
- Port Charlotte to Lincoln Train
- Port Charlotte to Kalamazoo
- Port Charlotte to Burlington Train
- Train from Port Charlotte to Charlotte
- Train from Port Charlotte to Morehead City
- Port Charlotte to Rocky Mount Train
- Train from Port Charlotte to New York
- Port Charlotte to Mt Vernon Train
- Train from Port Charlotte to Sturtevant
- Train from Port Charlotte to Harpers Ferry