Search bus tickets to Oxford
How to get to Oxford by bus
|Trips per day||1,068|
We find the cheapest bus & train tickets, so you can wander for less.
Best Travel Options
We partner with 500+ carriers to bring you the most bus & train options.
Quick & Easy Booking
Book trips quickly with a simple, hassle-free checkout – online & on our app.
Fast Customer Support
We don’t monkey around. We respond within minutes to help you out.
Although Oxford is probably best known for its world-class university and the famous Bodleian library, there is much more to the city than just academia. On a sunny day, take a punt down the River Cherwell at the Cherwell Boathouse, but make sure to book in advance if you'd like a chauffeur.
If the weather is less favorable, visit the famous Oxford Covered Market, where you can wander through over 55 shops in the 18th-century building. Oxford is also home to several museums, including the famous Ashmolean Museum that has been around since 1683. The Ashmolean mainly showcases art and archaeology; however, if that's not your style, alternatives include the Museum of Natural History or the Museum of History and Science.
If you'd prefer to experience history first-hand, visit Oxford Castle, a building that has been in existence for over 1,000 years. Guided tours are available where you can hear stories of the castle's inhabitants and its fascinating history.
National Express and Megabus provide access to Oxford from London and other cities, while frequent train service is also available.
What bus companies travel to Oxford, United Kingdom?
Located in United Kingdom, Oxford is accessible by bus from 47 other cities. You can choose from 1068 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Oxford on Wanderu. Megabus usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Oxford are also available.
Bus companies serving Oxford
|Bus||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|National Express||111||3h 51m||$38.44|
|Oxford Bus Company||4||1h 45m||$30.15|
National Express is probably the UK's best-known bus company, offering intercity services to London, Manchester, Southampton, and Edinburgh. Onboard the single and double-decker vehicles, travelers enjoy a good amount of legroom – roomier than airlines have in coach class – alongside WiFi, restrooms, and air conditioning.
Founded in 2003, Megabus UK was created to provide travelers with greener, more straightforward and smarter travel. The carrier has routes all across the United Kingdom in England, Scotland, and Wales. The Megabus UK fleet, easily distinguishable by its dark blue and yellow colors, has free Wi-Fi, outlets and charging ports, onboard restrooms, and 20 kg luggage allowances on each bus.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Oxford?
Where is the bus station in Oxford, United Kingdom?
The busiest bus station in Oxford is Thornhill Park and Ride. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular bus stations in Oxford are:
- Thornhill Park and Ride
- Gloucester Green Bus Station
- Bus Station
What is the closest airport to Oxford, OXF?
Is Oxford a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Oxford?
How much do bus tickets to Oxford cost?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Oxford?
Which cities have the most buses to Oxford?
|Departure||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|High Wycombe||0h 58m||$18.10|
Top bus routes to and from Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Reading
- bus from Oxford to Milton Keynes
- bus from Brighton to Oxford
- bus from Hemel Hempstead to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Nottingham
- bus from Oxford to Swansea
- bus from Oxford to Sheffield
- bus from Oxford to Horley
- bus from Slough to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to London
- bus from Canterbury to Oxford
- bus from Hounslow to Oxford
- bus from Swindon to Oxford
- bus from Bournemouth to Oxford
- bus from Guildford to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Luton
- bus from Bedford to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Bristol
- bus from Oxford to Lincoln
- bus from Oxford to Birmingham
- bus from Liverpool to Oxford
- bus from Horley to Oxford
- bus from Cardiff to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Southampton
- bus from Oxford to Liverpool
- bus from High Wycombe to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Hounslow
- bus from Oxford to Cambridge
- bus from Hatfield to Oxford
- bus from Bristol to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to High Wycombe
- bus from Birmingham to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Bedford
- bus from Taunton to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Newport Pagnell
- bus from Northampton to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Northampton
- bus from Luton to Oxford
- bus from Oxford to Cardiff
- bus from London to Oxford
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.
Book buses and trains on the go with the Wanderu app.
Download our app and snag the best travel deals across North America & Europe.Learn more