Search bus tickets to Portland
How to get to Portland by bus
|Trips per day||140|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Portland is Maine's largest city and, because of that, the main transportation hub in the state. From Portland, travelers can easily reach destinations such as Boston, Albany, and even Gainesville, Texas, by a combination of buses, trains, and ferries. And there’s plenty to do in the city, even if you’re traveling solo.
Since its foundation in 1786, Portland has recovered from no less than four major fires, creating a fascinating blend of old and new. The dedicated Arts District around upper Congress Street has a smattering of important museum collections, including the Portland Museum of Art, the state's oldest public art institution.
The West End hosts the majority of Portland's historic buildings, creating an olde worlde feel. However, the presence of several well-regarded schools and colleges ensures Portland remains one of the most vibrant small cities in the U.S.
After several years of hardship, the Old Port district has once again become the center of the action. Its attractive cobblestone streets and 19th-century red-brick warehouses now contain a selection of on-trend cafes, bars, and boutique stores. At the same time, it's still possible to watch the time-honored tradition of fishermen unloading their lobster pots onto the foreshore.
East of the downtown area, you'll find Munjoy Hill. It's a district with strong Irish and Italian roots, making it one of the best places in Portland to enjoy the authentic cuisine of Italy. It’s no wonder we named Portland one of our top vacation destinations in Maine.
What bus companies travel to Portland, Maine?
Located in Maine, Portland is accessible by bus from 124 other cities. You can choose from 140 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Portland on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Bus companies serving Portland
Greyhound is the largest nationwide bus carrier in the United States, offering cheap, safe and reliable service across the country. Greyhound has become a household name, serving over 16 million passengers per year with daily trips to over 2,400 destinations. Greyhound buses are outfitted with power outlets, free WiFi, restrooms, and air conditioning for your comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Portland?
Where is the bus station in Portland, ME?
The busiest bus station in Portland is Park & Ride - 274 Marginal Way. As Portland's main station, it has the most buses coming and going. However, a popular alternative is 100 Thompsons Pt Rd.
Which bus carrier has the best service to Portland?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Portland by bus with Concord Coach Lines giving them a 4.8 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Concord Coach Lines had the most comfortable bus service to Portland taking into account the seats and amenities that Concord Coach Lines offers. They rate Concord Coach Lines a 4.5 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Portland punctually, travelers suggest that Concord Coach Lines has the best on time performance on their bus schedules to Portland, rating them a 5 based on their on time arrivals.
What is the closest airport to Portland, ME?
Is Portland a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Portland?
How much do bus tickets to Portland cost?
What type of traveler does Portland attract?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Portland?
Top bus routes to and from Portland
- bus from Bath to Portland
- bus from Portland to Chicago
- bus from Ossipee to Portland
- bus from Portland to Los Angeles
- bus from Bangor to Portland
- bus from Portland to Lewiston
- bus from Portland to Concord
- bus from Augusta to Portland
- bus from Lewiston to Portland
- bus from Belfast to Portland
- bus from Auburn to Portland
- bus from Portland to Houston
- bus from Portland to Portland
- bus from Greensboro to Portland
- bus from Portland to Worcester
- bus from Portland to Augusta
- bus from Portland to Washington
- bus from Chattanooga to Portland
- bus from Detroit to Portland
- bus from Portland to New York
- bus from Portland to Philadelphia
- bus from Brunswick to Portland
- bus from Portland to Rockland
- bus from Baltimore to Portland
- bus from Wiscasset to Portland
- bus from Tucson to Portland
- bus from Hartford to Portland
- bus from Portland to Baltimore
- bus from Richmond to Portland
- bus from Portland to Bangor
- bus from Boston to Portland
- bus from Portland to Columbus
- bus from Manchester to Portland
- bus from Portland to Denver
- bus from Portland to Cleveland
- bus from Portland to Hartford
- bus from Portland to Portland
- bus from Portland to Boston
- bus from Portland to Las Vegas
- bus from New York to Portland
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.