Search bus tickets to Houston
How to get to Houston by bus
|Trips per day||857|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Houston, Texas is one of the most populous cities and among the most expansive cities in the U.S. As a result, Houston has become the leading commercial center in the Southern United States. Astronomy aficionados recognize Houston as the city where NASA’s Mission Control Center is located, and music fans know Houston as the birthplace of Queen B herself, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.
Even though Houston has a relatively small downtown area, it is packed with exciting things you can do while you’re in town. If you’re in the mood for a cultural outing, head to the Theater District where you are sure to find a play or a music performance you’d enjoy, or check out the Museum District that boasts more than 20 different museums and galleries. Since Houston is the most racially and ethnically diverse city in the country, its restaurant scene is one of a kind offering a rich variety of cuisines from all over the world.
As one of the main metropolitan cities in the U.S., Houston is very well connected to the rest of the country and the world. The main bus and train stations are both located right in the heart of downtown making it easy to get to your final destination by public transit or car. There are also several airports within the city’s vicinity that provide a good variety of options depending on where you’re flying to or from.
The Bus Terminal at 2121 Main Street is centrally located within downtown Houston and serves as a hub for bus service from Greyhound, Jefferson Lines and Tornado Bus. From Houston’s bus terminal, you might connect to other cities in Texas such as Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio, or further afield to Los Angeles and New York. The station is open 24 hours a day, with restrooms, seating, and several food options available onsite. Within a few minutes’ walk from the bus terminal, you’ll find parking, rental car agencies, gas stations, fast food, and a Light Rail station to easily access the rest of Houston.
Popular bus stations in Houston:
Bus Terminal - 2121 Main St
Tornado Bus Station - Airport
Downtown - 605 Gray St
Houston Southwest Fwy
2525 Southwest Fwy (Timewise/Shell gas station lot)
Tornado Bus Station - Lockwood
904 Dallas St
7011 Harrisburg Blvd
What bus companies travel to Houston, Texas?
Located in Texas, Houston is accessible by bus from 413 other cities. You can choose from 857 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Houston on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Houston are also available.
Bus companies serving Houston
|Bus||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Tornado Bus||207||11h 42m||$114.47|
|Greyhound||114||1d 7h 15m||$188.00|
|Jefferson Lines||103||1d 5h 47m||$165.31|
|El Expreso Bus||56||7h 52m||$99.71|
|FlixBus US||16||4h 39m||$30.37|
|RedCoach Business||3||3h 6m||$25.28|
|RedCoach First Class||3||5h 13m||$32.22|
|Turimex Internacional||2||10h 14m||$79.79|
Greyhound is the largest nationwide coach carrier in the United States, offering cheap, safe and reliable service across the country. Greyhound has become a household name, serving over 16 million passengers per year with daily trips to over 2,400 destinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Houston?
Where is the bus station in Houston, TX?
The busiest bus station in Houston is Bus Terminal - 2121 Main St. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular bus stations in Houston are:
- Bus Terminal - 2121 Main St
- Tornado Bus Station - Airport
- Downtown - 605 Gray St
Which bus service has the best service to Houston?
What is the closest airport to Houston, TX?
Is Houston a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Houston?
How much do bus tickets to Houston cost?
What type of traveler does Houston attract?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Houston?
Top bus routes to and from Houston
- bus from Houston to Fort Worth
- bus from Houston to San Antonio
- bus from Houston to Dallas
- bus from Houston to New Orleans
- bus from Bryan to Houston
- bus from Rose City to Houston
- bus from Houston to Hartford
- bus from Huntsville to Houston
- bus from Houston to Los Angeles
- bus from Los Angeles to Houston
- bus from El Campo to Houston
- bus from McAllen to Houston
- bus from San Antonio to Houston
- bus from Houston to Miami
- bus from Lafayette to Houston
- bus from Houston to McAllen
- bus from Atlanta to Houston
- bus from Houston to Baytown
- bus from Baton Rouge to Houston
- bus from Rosenberg to Houston
- bus from Houston to Brownsville
- bus from New York to Houston
- bus from Houston to Baton Rouge
- bus from Port Arthur to Houston
- bus from Beaumont to Houston
- bus from Houston to Beaumont
- bus from Winston-Salem to Houston
- bus from Houston to Monterrey
- bus from Houston to Austin
- bus from Houston to Chicago
- bus from Houston to Lafayette
- bus from College Station to Houston
- bus from Houston to Atlanta
- bus from Austin to Houston
- bus from Houston to Winston-Salem
- bus from New Orleans to Houston
- bus from Brownsville to Houston
- bus from Dallas to Houston
- bus from Houston to Raleigh
- bus from Houston to New York
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.