Search train tickets to Houston
How to get to Houston by train
|Trips per day||65|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Houston, Texas is one of the most populous cities and among the most expansive cities in the U.S. As a result, Houston has become the leading commercial center in the Southern United States. Astronomy aficionados recognize Houston as the city where NASA’s Mission Control Center is located, and music fans know Houston as the birthplace of Queen B herself, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.
Even though Houston has a relatively small downtown area, it is packed with exciting things you can do while you’re in town. If you’re in the mood for a cultural outing, head to the Theater District where you are sure to find a play or a music performance you’d enjoy, or check out the Museum District that boasts more than 20 different museums and galleries. Since Houston is the most racially and ethnically diverse city in the country, its restaurant scene is one of a kind offering a rich variety of cuisines from all over the world.
As one of the main metropolitan cities in the U.S., Houston is very well connected to the rest of the country and the world. The main bus and train stations are both located right in the heart of downtown making it easy to get to your final destination by public transit or car. There are also several airports within the city’s vicinity that provide a good variety of options depending on where you’re flying to or from.
The Amtrak Station on Washington Avenue is a key stop on the Sunset Limited train route that runs from Los Angeles to New Orleans. Restrooms, vending machines, and checked baggage services are available inside the waiting room of the station. There is also plenty of free same-day and overnight parking onsite. Downtown Houston is within a quick walk, where you can find hotels, restaurants, and attractions in the nearby Theater District, Civic Center, and Skyline District.
Popular train stations in Houston:
902 Washington Ave
Bus Terminal - 2121 Main St
What train companies travel to Houston, Texas?
Located in Texas, Houston is accessible by train from 21 other cities. You can choose from 65 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Houston on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Houston are also available.
Train companies serving Houston
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Houston?
Where is the train station in Houston, TX?
The busiest train station in Houston is 902 Washington Ave. As Houston's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Bus Terminal - 2121 Main St.
Which train service has the best service to Houston?
What is the closest airport to Houston, TX?
Is Houston a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Houston?
How much do train tickets to Houston cost?
What type of traveler does Houston attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Houston?
Top train routes to and from Houston
- train from New York to Houston
- train from San Marcos to Houston
- train from Houston to San Antonio
- train from Houston to Seattle
- train from Houston to Detroit
- train from Houston to Memphis
- train from San Antonio to Houston
- train from Taylor to Houston
- train from Cleveland to Houston
- train from Lafayette to Houston
- train from Houston to Milwaukee
- train from Beaumont to Houston
- train from Chicago to Houston
- train from Houston to New Orleans
- train from Houston to Orlando
- train from Houston to Newark
- train from Austin to Houston
- train from Houston to Sacramento
- train from Houston to Boston
- train from Houston to Cleveland
- train from New Orleans to Houston
- train from Fort Worth to Houston
- train from El Paso to Houston
- train from Temple to Houston
- train from Dallas to Houston
- train from Houston to New York
- train from Kansas City to Houston
- train from Houston to Dallas
- train from Longview to Houston
- train from Houston to Philadelphia
- train from Houston to Lake Charles
- train from Milwaukee to Houston
- train from Lake Charles to Houston
- train from Houston to Beaumont
- train from McGregor to Houston
- train from Houston to Phoenix
- train from Houston to Chicago
- train from Los Angeles to Houston
- train from Houston to Oklahoma City
- train from Houston to Los Angeles
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.