Compare train tickets from Frankfurt to Wuppertal
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 15 daily trains from Frankfurt to Wuppertal. Traveling by train from Frankfurt to Wuppertal usually takes around 2 hours and 58 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company train can make the trip in 2 hours and 1 minute.
|Distance||104 mi (167 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 1m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Which train should you take from Frankfurt to Wuppertal?
2 train services operate from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Wuppertal, North Rhine-Westphalia. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company usually has more trains scheduled, with 9 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||5||3h 7m||$62.94|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||9||2h 52m||$63.47|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Wuppertal during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt to Wuppertal?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt to Wuppertal are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Sunday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt at 3:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt to Wuppertal?
There are 15 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt?
There are two stations in Frankfurt where you can board the train to Wuppertal.
Train stations in Frankfurt:
Central Train Station
Where is the train station in Wuppertal?
Wuppertal has one train station.
Need a return trip from Wuppertal to Frankfurt?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Innsbruck
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Berlin
- Frankfurt am Main to Friedrichshafen
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Munich
- Frankfurt am Main to Bad Hersfeld Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Haiger Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Rostock
- Frankfurt am Main to Hagen Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Auw an der Kyll
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Bitburg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Montabaur
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Flensburg
- Frankfurt am Main to Aarhus
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Paris
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam
- Frankfurt am Main to Utrecht Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Poznań
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Gothenburg
Continue by train from Wuppertal
- Train from Wuppertal to Vienna
- Train from Wuppertal to Brussels
- Wuppertal to Zurich
- Train from Wuppertal to Prague
- Train from Wuppertal to Berlin
- Wuppertal to Gaggenau Train
- Wuppertal to Frankfurt am Main Train
- Train from Wuppertal to Hamburg
- Train from Wuppertal to Aachen
- Train from Wuppertal to Dortmund
- Train from Wuppertal to Düsseldorf
- Train from Wuppertal to Essen
- Train from Wuppertal to Leipzig
- Train from Wuppertal to Paris
- Train from Wuppertal to Harderwijk
- Wuppertal to Roermond Train
- Train from Wuppertal to Amsterdam
- Wuppertal to Rotterdam
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.