Search train tickets to Amsterdam
How to get to Amsterdam by train
|Trips per day||28,481|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
The Dutch capital of Amsterdam is one of Europe's most eclectic cities with so much to explore. As a hub of culture, history, and architecture, as well as sex, drugs, and all things rock and roll, no amount of time in this vibrant city will ever be enough. Of course, this makes it one of the best cities to visit after graduation.
To learn about one of the most significant parts of modern history, visit the Anne Frank House, a humbling testament to this remarkable girl's unwavering optimism and resilience during the horrors of World War II. The Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum are also well worth a visit to discover artworks by Dutch masters.
For a look into contemporary life in Amsterdam, visit De Negen Straatjes (The Nine Streets), a micro-neighborhood brimming with independent shops, artisan food eateries, and cozy cafes where you can experience an authentic Dutch Coffeeshop. Taking an iconic canal tour is another must, allowing you to experience the city while relaxing on the water. Since Amsterdam is known for its cycling culture, bring your bike or rent one during your stay to get around the city as the locals do.
Travel to Amsterdam is easy, with its connections to the rest of Europe via a vast network of motorways, utilized by FlixBus and BlaBlaCar Bus services. Amsterdam’s many connections are why it’s the starting point for our budget tour of the Netherlands. Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport is also a major international travel hub, and the Central Station is one of the largest rail terminals in Europe.
What train companies travel to Amsterdam, Netherlands?
Located in Netherlands, Amsterdam is accessible by train from 951 other cities. You can choose from 28481 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Amsterdam on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Amsterdam are also available.
Train companies serving Amsterdam
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||920||7h 31m||$70.33|
|Deutsche Bahn||892||6h 58m||$74.73|
|DB Intercity-Express||250||5h 56m||$97.12|
|DB Intercity||142||6h 13m||$58.49|
|Non-federally owned railway company||17||5h 31m||$58.66|
|National Express||1||4h 21m||$61.33|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Amsterdam?
$19.29 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to Amsterdam, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to Amsterdam. In the last month, trains from Bönen to Amsterdam had the lowest average price at $19.80. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to Amsterdam:
Where is the train station in Amsterdam, Netherlands?
The busiest train station in Amsterdam is Amsterdam Centraal. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Amsterdam are:
- Amsterdam Centraal
- Amsterdam Sloterdijk
- Amsterdam Lelylaan
What is the closest airport to Amsterdam, NH?
Is Amsterdam a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Amsterdam?
How much do train tickets to Amsterdam cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Amsterdam?
Top train routes to and from Amsterdam
- train from Kevelaer to Amsterdam
- train from Kleve to Amsterdam
- train from Emmerich to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Hanover
- train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Amsterdam to Mannheim
- train from Cologne to Amsterdam
- train from Rees to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Hamburg
- train from Amsterdam to Duisburg
- train from Koblenz to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Cologne
- train from Amsterdam to Ratingen
- train from Duisburg to Amsterdam
- train from Weeze to Amsterdam
- train from Weiden to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Karlsruhe
- train from Amsterdam to Bochum
- train from London to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Munich
- train from Amsterdam to Ludwigslust
- train from Mannheim to Amsterdam
- train from Berlin to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Dortmund
- train from Hanover to Amsterdam
- train from Stuttgart to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Essen
- train from Amsterdam to Kassel
- train from Amsterdam to Reutlingen
- train from Amsterdam to Düsseldorf
- train from Amsterdam to Bremen
- train from Amsterdam to Stuttgart
- train from Munich to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to Berlin
- train from Bedburg-Hau to Amsterdam
- train from Hamburg to Amsterdam
- train from Amsterdam to London
- train from Goch to Amsterdam
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam
- train from Düsseldorf to Amsterdam
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.