Compare train tickets from St Albans City to New Carrollton
How much are train tickets from St Albans City to New Carrollton?
|Fastest train||12h 55m|
|Trains per day||1|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from St Albans City to New Carrollton during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from St Albans City to New Carrollton?
In the last month, $103.00 was the average price of a train ticket from St Albans City, VT to New Carrollton, MD. Tickets are generally somewhat expensive for this particular train route, which is to be expected given the long distance. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from St Albans City to New Carrollton?
The distance between St Albans City and New Carrollton is approximately 449 miles, or 722 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 12 hours and 55 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from St Albans City to New Carrollton are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Sunday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves St Albans City at 9:00am and arrives in New Carrollton around 12 hours later.
Is there a direct train from St Albans City to New Carrollton?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. Luckily, this train will get you to New Carrollton with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains.
You can also take a train for your return trip from New Carrollton to St Albans City.
Which train should you take from St Albans City to New Carrollton?
Amtrak Vermonter is the one and only train line which connects St Albans City, Vermont to New Carrollton, Maryland. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Vermonter||1||12h 56m||$103.00|
Amtrak Vermonter train tickets from St Albans City to New Carrollton start from $103, and on average cost $103. Daily there are 1 Amtrak Vermonter schedules to New Carrollton. Amtrak Vermonter in St Albans City leaves from 40 Federal St, And in New Carrollton trains arrive at MARC Station, From St Albans City to New Carrollton train travel on Amtrak Vermonter takes 12 hours and 56 minutes. If you are looking to get to New Carrollton faster, Amtrak Vermonter offers more express schedule options with a travel time of 12 hours and 55 minutes. If you are looking to travel to New Carrollton on a weekend there is typically one Amtrak Vermonter scheduled trip per day, which will cost $103 for a one-way weekend reservation from St Albans City.
Where is the train station in St Albans City?
There is one train station in St Albans City:
- 40 Federal St
Where is the train station in New Carrollton?
New Carrollton has one train station:
- MARC Station
Plan your next adventure
More trains from St Albans City
- St Albans City to Berlin Train
- Train from St Albans City to Hartford
- Train from St Albans City to Windsor Locks
- Train from St Albans City to Washington D.C.
- Train from St Albans City to Boston
- St Albans City to Westwood Train
- St Albans City to Absecon
- Train from St Albans City to Atco
- St Albans City to Egg Harbor City Train
- St Albans City to Iselin
- St Albans City to New York
- St Albans City to Rensselaer
- Train from St Albans City to Rhinebeck
- St Albans City to Bethlehem
- St Albans City to Elizabethtown Train
- Train from St Albans City to Wescosville
- Train from St Albans City to Kingston
- Train from St Albans City to Montpelier
Continue by train from New Carrollton
- Train from New Carrollton to New Haven
- New Carrollton to Washington D.C. Train
- New Carrollton to Wilmington Train
- Train from New Carrollton to Orlando
- Train from New Carrollton to Boston
- Train from New Carrollton to Baltimore
- New Carrollton to Cumberland Train
- New Carrollton to Greensboro Train
- New Carrollton to Iselin Train
- New Carrollton to Newark
- New Carrollton to New Rochelle
- New Carrollton to New York Train
- Train from New Carrollton to Cleveland
- New Carrollton to Lancaster
- Train from New Carrollton to Philadelphia
- Train from New Carrollton to Richmond
- Train from New Carrollton to Woodbridge
- Train from New Carrollton to Martinsburg