Search train tickets to Springfield
How to get to Springfield by train
|Trips per day||783|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Founded in 1636 as the first Springfield in North America, this city sits on the eastern bank of the Connecticut River in Massachusetts. Perhaps best known as the birthplace of basketball, Springfield is a mecca for b-ball fans. Visitors can enjoy three levels of exhibits and interactive contests at the famous Basketball Hall of Fame.
Along with basketball, Springfield was also the birthplace of the immensely popular children's author, Theodore Geisel—more commonly known as Dr. Seuss. Enjoy a walk through the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden to see many of his most famous characters immortalized in bronze. History buffs should head to the Springfield Armory National Historic Site, highlighting the town's important role as an arsenal during the Revolutionary War.
Springfield's central location between major tourist destinations like NYC, Boston, and the Berkshires means that it can be reached easily by most modes of transport. The city is served by several Amtrak lines and Peter Pan and Greyhound buses. Bradley International Airport and Westover Metropolitan Airport are also closeby, with frequent flights from destinations around the country.
What train companies travel to Springfield, Massachusetts?
Located in Massachusetts, Springfield is accessible by train from 316 other cities. You can choose from 783 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Springfield on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Springfield are also available.
Train companies serving Springfield
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Vermonter||27||3h 49m||$56.22|
|Amtrak Northeast Regional||20||3h 47m||$35.64|
|Amtrak Lake Shore Limited||19||6h 17m||$46.66|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
The Vermonter is an Amtrak passenger train that connects St. Albans, VT to Washington, D.C. by way of New York City. The journey is renowned for the beautiful scenic views that it presents as it passes through the Green Mountains and the Berkshires. Aboard the Vermonter, passengers can enjoy free WiFi, power outlets at every seat and extra legroom. You can also grab a bite to eat or enjoy a refreshing beverage from the train’s café.
Amtrak Northeast Regional
The Northeast Regional is Amtrak’s passenger rail service that runs between Boston, MA and Virginia Beach, VA, connecting over 50 cities in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. While the line’s downtown-to-downtown train service makes traveling between the biggest cities in the Northeast convenient and hassle-free, the train’s amenities make the journey comfortable and relaxing as well. Amtrak passengers can enjoy large seats with extra legroom and power outlets, as well as free WiFi and clean bathrooms. The Northeast Regional is the busiest and most popular among all Amtrak routes.
Which train carrier has the best service to Springfield?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Springfield by train with Amtrak Northeast Regional giving them a 4.6 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak Lake Shore Limited had the most comfortable train service to Springfield taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak Lake Shore Limited offers. They rate Amtrak Lake Shore Limited a 4.9 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Springfield punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak has the best on time performance on their train schedules to Springfield, rating them a 4.7 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Springfield?
Where is the train station in Springfield, MA?
The main train station in Springfield is Union Station Transportation Center. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Springfield.
Is Springfield a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Springfield?
How much do train tickets to Springfield cost?
What type of traveler does Springfield attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Springfield?
Top train routes to and from Springfield
- train from Aberdeen to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Boston
- train from Springfield to Windsor
- train from Springfield to Washington
- train from New York to Springfield
- train from Pittsfield to Springfield
- train from Northampton to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Burlington
- train from Springfield to Holyoke
- train from Springfield to Toledo
- train from Springfield to Hartford
- train from Worcester to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Baltimore
- train from Springfield to Philadelphia
- train from Springfield to Syracuse
- train from Boston to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Newark
- train from Philadelphia to Springfield
- train from Meriden to Springfield
- train from Holyoke to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Stamford
- train from Wilmington to Springfield
- train from Newark to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Providence
- train from Springfield to Utica
- train from Greenfield to Springfield
- train from Washington to Springfield
- train from Windsor to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Seattle
- train from Rochester to Springfield
- train from Hartford to Springfield
- train from Springfield to New Haven
- train from Trenton to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Worcester
- train from Springfield to New York
- train from Springfield to Chicago
- train from Windsor Locks to Springfield
- train from New Haven to Springfield
- train from Wallingford to Springfield
- train from Springfield to Wilmington
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.