Search train tickets to Austin
How to get to Austin by train
|Trips per day||93|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Austin is the capital of the Lone Star State. Known as Texas’s “weird” city, Austin is famous for being the southern mecca for the arts. In addition to being a hot spot for both emerging and established artists from Texas and the surrounding states, Austin is well known for its eclectic live music scene. In addition, the University of Texas’ main campus is located in Austin, which makes the city a popular destination for young people from all over the world, keeping it vibrant at all times. It’s no surprise that it ranks among the top party cities in the U.S.
While you’re in town, make sure to stop by the hip South Congress neighborhood to shop at the trendy boutiques and grab some grub at the authentically Austin restaurants. Since Austin is one of the best craft beer cities in the country, you won’t regret checking out some of the local breweries too. After that, head over to Lady Bird Lake and rent a kayak for a relaxing paddling session on the water, or simply go for a walk on the picturesque Hike & Bike Trail. Finally, spend the night bar hopping along the pedestrian-only Sixth Street.
While the Austin airport is located on the outskirts of the city, the main train station is right in the heart of downtown. Similarly, the two bus stations that serve Austin are located close to the city center, making ground transportation the more convenient way to travel in and out of town.
Built in 1947, the Amtrak Station in Austin is one of the stops along Amtrak’s Texas Eagle route which runs from Chicago to San Antonio and connects to Los Angeles. The station, located at 250 N Lamar Boulevard, sits near the banks of the Colorado River in downtown Austin. With just a quick walk from the station, you can reach the beautiful Ladybird Lake-Lamar Beach Park, stylish shopping and dining in the 2nd Street District, and even the state capital complex. Same-day and overnight parking is available at the station, as well as restrooms and vending machines inside.
Popular train stations in Austin:
250 N Lamar Blvd
What train companies travel to Austin, Texas?
Located in Texas, Austin is accessible by train from 38 other cities. You can choose from 93 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Austin on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Austin are also available.
Train companies serving Austin
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Austin?
Where is the train station in Austin, TX?
The main train station in Austin is 250 N Lamar Blvd. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Austin.
Which train service has the best service to Austin?
What is the closest airport to Austin, TX?
Is Austin a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Austin?
How much do train tickets to Austin cost?
What type of traveler does Austin attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Austin?
Top train routes to and from Austin
- train from Austin to New Orleans
- train from Alpine to Austin
- train from Fort Hood to Austin
- train from Cleveland to Austin
- train from Austin to Alexandria
- train from Austin to Boston
- train from McGregor to Austin
- train from Austin to Kansas City
- train from Dallas to Austin
- train from Alexandria to Austin
- train from Austin to El Paso
- train from Austin to Chicago
- train from Austin to Philadelphia
- train from San Marcos to Austin
- train from Austin to New York
- train from Chicago to Austin
- train from Austin to Los Angeles
- train from Austin to Sacramento
- train from Austin to Houston
- train from Austin to Detroit
- train from San Antonio to Austin
- train from Austin to Cleveland
- train from Oklahoma City to Austin
- train from Los Angeles to Austin
- train from Seattle to Austin
- train from St Louis to Austin
- train from Sacramento to Austin
- train from Cleburne to Austin
- train from Temple to Austin
- train from Austin to Cleburne
- train from Austin to San Antonio
- train from New York to Austin
- train from Austin to Dallas
- train from Austin to Fort Worth
- train from Austin to Killeen
- train from Austin to San Marcos
- train from Killeen to Austin
- train from Taylor to Austin
- train from Fort Worth to Austin
- train from Austin to Milwaukee
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.