Compare train tickets from Salisbury to Winston-Salem
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 2 daily trains from Salisbury to Winston-Salem. Traveling by train from Salisbury to Winston-Salem usually takes around 2 hours and 13 minutes, but the fastest Amtrak train can make the trip in one hour and 49 minutes.
|Distance||32 mi (52 km)|
|Fastest train||1h 49m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from Salisbury to Winston-Salem?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Salisbury, North Carolina to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The schedule is relatively limited as the train only runs twice a day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 2 Amtrak trains from Salisbury to Winston-Salem every day, as well as 4 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from $15.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Salisbury to Winston-Salem during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Salisbury to Winston-Salem?
How long is the train journey from Salisbury to Winston-Salem?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Salisbury to Winston-Salem are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Salisbury at 7:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00am. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Salisbury to Winston-Salem?
Trains leave the station in Salisbury twice a day, so there are a couple of options depending on your preferred travel time. However, there are no direct trains. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you change trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
Where is the train station in Salisbury?
There is one train station in Salisbury.
Where is the train station in Winston-Salem?
Winston-Salem receives travelers from Salisbury at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Winston-Salem:
Winston-Salem State University (PART bus stop)
Need a return trip from Winston-Salem to Salisbury?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Salisbury
- Train from Salisbury to Washington D.C.
- Salisbury to Jacksonville
- Train from Salisbury to Orlando
- Train from Salisbury to Atlanta
- Salisbury to Baltimore Train
- Train from Salisbury to Charlotte
- Train from Salisbury to Durham
- Salisbury to Fayetteville Train
- Train from Salisbury to Greensboro
- Train from Salisbury to High Point
- Train from Salisbury to Raleigh
- Salisbury to Wilmington Train
- Salisbury to New York Train
- Salisbury to Philadelphia Train
- Train from Salisbury to Columbia
- Train from Salisbury to Greenville
- Salisbury to Alexandria Train
- Train from Salisbury to Norfolk
Continue by train from Winston-Salem
- Winston-Salem to Washington D.C. Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Miami
- Winston-Salem to Orlando Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Savannah
- Train from Winston-Salem to Boston
- Train from Winston-Salem to Baltimore
- Train from Winston-Salem to Cary
- Winston-Salem to Charlotte Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Durham
- Winston-Salem to Greensboro
- Winston-Salem to Raleigh Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Wilmington
- Train from Winston-Salem to Newark
- Train from Winston-Salem to New York
- Train from Winston-Salem to Philadelphia
- Train from Winston-Salem to North Charleston
- Train from Winston-Salem to Charlottesville
- Train from Winston-Salem to Richmond
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.