“Good morning Baltimore! And some day when I take to the floor, the world’s gonna wake up and see Baltimore and me!”
If you want the world to see Baltimore and you, like Tracy Turnblad sings in Hairspray, then pay a visit to the beautiful city with the East Coast’s most important port – Baltimore, Maryland. We want you to have an exciting time, so we have curated a list of awesome activities specially for you.
Wondering how to get there? There are buses and trains going to Baltimore daily from all over the U.S. & Canada and we have them all listed in one place for your convenience!
Our top things to do in Baltimore:
1. Check out Baltimore’s historic downtown area at Fell’s Point with great pubs, bars, art galleries, shops, restaurants, and much more. If you love Baltimore so much that you want to extend your trip, there are plenty of places to stay for a fun night or two!
2. Are you celebrating your bachelor/ette party, birthday, or any other type of gathering in Baltimore? Then Charm City Pedal Mill should be among your top things to do in town! They say it perfectly: “No matter what you are celebrating in Baltimore… the only way to do it is to Pedal. Drink. Repeat.” They have partnered with the best bars in Fell’s Point, so you will get to see the beautiful city with friends and family, and have special drinks waiting for you at various fun locations throughout town!
3. If you want to see the first research school in the country, take a visit to the beautiful and prestigious campus of Johns Hopkins University!
4. Baltimore’s Inner Harbor is definitely among the top things to visit in Baltimore. It offers friends, couples and family members alike plenty to see and do. You should definitely stop by the National Aquarium, check out the Fort McHenry landmark, and dine at one of the nearby restaurants that are famous for their delicious seafood!
5. For fun and entertaining nightlife, check out Illusions, a high-end bar and lounge south of Inner Harbor. The venue always invites interesting and unique magicians to Baltimore. With the intimate setting and fun atmosphere, we are confident that you will have a great time!
6. Spend an evening at the beautiful Pier Six Pavilion and listen to great music where talented, well-known artists perform throughout the summer!
7. For a fun-filled day with the family, take a boat ride on the Urban Pirates boat. The crew is super entertaining. They will dress you up and teach you how to act like a pirate, and they even train you on how to protect the ship with water cannons! Also, if you want to have an adult BYOG (bring your own grog) party, this is a great place for it. With a great view of the harbor, this should be one of your must-dos in Baltimore!
8. If you’re looking for transportation from one place to another to shop, see different attractions, or go to a restaurant, you can take a water taxi ride as a way to get to your destination and enjoy a great view of the city along the way. The water taxi runs every 20 minutes from different locations, so there is no need to plan your day around it.
9. Take a trip to one of Baltimore’s neighborhoods, the welcoming Hampden, for an artsy and hipster feel with plenty of fun shopping options and restaurants to choose from!
10. Dine out at Clyde’s Restaurants where you will feel at home with friendly people, a welcoming atmosphere, and delicious fresh ingredients throughout the menu. Bon appétit!
11. The George Peabody Library is definitely on the list of top things to check out in Baltimore for more than a rainy afternoon. The library’s beautiful architecture will take your breath away and the long list of old books is rather impressive.
If you’re looking for other activities, then check out this other awesome guide filled with fun things to do in Baltimore from one of our favorite travel bloggers. Now that you know what awaits you, all that’s left is to book your trip there and the easiest way to do it is on Wanderu!
If 11 things aren’t enough and you’re excited to explore more than just Baltimore, we recently found a great guide of 100, yes, one hundred great things to do in the fine state of Maryland. Check it out and get your exploring on.