Search bus tickets to Louisville
How to get to Louisville by bus
|Trips per day||567|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
A mecca for fans of sports, Louisville holds the honor of being the birthplace of many sports legends. Even non-sports fans should not miss out on the Muhammad Ali Center, where tourists can learn more about the life and legacy of the legendary boxer. Aside from permanent galleries dedicated to the boxer himself, the museum also features temporary exhibitions on topics such as race and gender equality. Another top highlight from the city is Churchill Downs, where the famous Kentucky Derby is hosted. Contrary to what people might imagine, the racing track is actually quite idyllic, and if there is one place you must visit in Louisville, this is probably the one. If you are looking for a unique experience, head towards the Louisville Mega Cavern. This cavern system was created out of a 19th-century limestone quarry and it features the world’s only underground zip line course.
Three things dominate the food scene in Louisville: barbecue, bourbon, and mint juleps. Some local favorites are Mark’s Feed Store and Feast BBQ. If you are looking for the finest bourbon, the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience is certainly a good call.
The central bus station in Louisville is the Bus Terminal on W Muhammad Ali Blvd, connecting the city with near and far destinations such as Cincinnati, Chicago and Nashville. There are no train tracks that run through the city. However, the city is still a part of Amtrak’s network via the carrier’s Thruway bus line. The Louisville International Airport fulfills air services for the city.
The Louisville Bus Terminal, located at 720 W Muhammad Ali Blvd, serves interstate Greyhound bus services. The station is equipped with restrooms, vending machines, and indoor seating. The station also has an adjoining cafeteria in case vending machine snacks aren't enough to satisfy your hunger. In addition, there is also a customer service and ticket kiosk where station staff can answer any questions you may have. The station is located in Downtown Louisville, only a short walk from the city's most exciting amenities and several nearby restaurants and convenience stores.
Popular bus stations in Louisville:
Bus Terminal - 720 W Muhammad Ali Blvd
5215 Preston Hwy
What bus companies travel to Louisville, Kentucky?
Located in Kentucky, Louisville is accessible by bus from 230 other cities. You can choose from 567 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Louisville on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Louisville are also available.
Bus companies serving Louisville
|Bus||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Miller Transportation||57||7h 36m||$49.28|
|Jefferson Lines||55||22h 42m||$148.51|
|Tornado Bus||21||15h 56m||$196.29|
|El Expreso Bus||3||15h 14m||$217.59|
|Amtrak Thruway||2||5h 34m||$52.36|
Greyhound is the largest nationwide coach carrier in the United States, offering cheap, safe and reliable service across the country. Greyhound has become a household name, serving over 16 million passengers per year with daily trips to over 2,400 destinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Louisville?
Where is the bus station in Louisville, KY?
The busiest bus station in Louisville is Bus Terminal - 720 W Muhammad Ali Blvd. As Louisville's main station, it has the most buses coming and going. However, a popular alternative is 5215 Preston Hwy.
Which bus service has the best service to Louisville?
Is Louisville a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Louisville?
How much do bus tickets to Louisville cost?
What type of traveler does Louisville attract?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Louisville?
Top bus routes to and from Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Atlanta
- bus from Dale to Louisville
- bus from Bedford to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Kalamazoo
- bus from Nashville to Louisville
- bus from Saint Paul to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Ann Arbor
- bus from Louisville to Houston
- bus from Louisville to Charlotte
- bus from Chicago to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Evansville
- bus from Louisville to Buffalo
- bus from Louisville to Detroit
- bus from Paoli to Louisville
- bus from Indianapolis to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to New Orleans
- bus from Detroit to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Miami
- bus from Orleans to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Lexington
- bus from San Antonio to Louisville
- bus from Frankfort to Louisville
- bus from Cincinnati to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Indianapolis
- bus from Louisville to Birmingham
- bus from Chattanooga to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to New York
- bus from Louisville to Cincinnati
- bus from Louisville to Columbus
- bus from Lexington to Louisville
- bus from Atlanta to Louisville
- bus from Corydon to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to San Antonio
- bus from Louisville to Chicago
- bus from Miami to Louisville
- bus from Columbus to Louisville
- bus from Washington to Louisville
- bus from New York to Louisville
- bus from Louisville to Nashville
- bus from Louisville to Philadelphia
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.