Search train tickets to Toronto
How to get to Toronto by train
|Trips per day||129|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Toronto is one of the world’s most culturally diverse cities, making it a great destination for travelers looking for a culturally unique experience. One of the most unique landmarks in the city is the Aga Khan Museum, which boasts a beautiful collection of Islamic, Iranian, and Muslim artifacts. If you are interested in art, the Art Gallery of Ontario is a definite must-see. For those who want to step away from the bustling city and seek the refuge of nature, take a ferry to Centre Isle, which offers plenty of activities such as biking or hiking.
Toronto’s food scene is vast and extremely vibrant due to the city’s multicultural nature. Bar Isabel is a local favorite that offers amazing Spanish dishes with a cozy vibe. For a more posh experience, head over to Alo Restaurant, which features a five-course tasting menu that will take you on a culinary ride.
The main bus station in the city is the Union Station Bus Terminal, served by various intercity bus services, including Greyhound and Ontario Northland. The main train station in Toronto is the adjacent Union Station, which is the hub for VIA Rail’s intercity services. The city’s airport is the Toronto Pearson International Airport, the busiest airport in Canada.
Union Station is the center of rail transportation in Toronto and Canada's busiest train terminal. First opened in 1927, the station underwent several redevelopment and renovation projects to reach its current state. In 1999, in recognition of the station's importance to transportation history, it was inducted into the North America Railway Hall of Fame. The current station is served by VIA Rail trains and local public transit. The station currently serves over 72 million commuters each year, and as much as 91% of all Toronto passengers pass through this station. Just walking through the station is the perfect way to get familiar with Toronto's locals!
Popular train stations in Toronto:
Guildwood Train Station
What train companies travel to Toronto, Ontario?
Located in Ontario, Canada, Toronto is accessible by train from 54 other cities. You can choose from 129 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Toronto on Wanderu. VIA Rail usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Toronto are also available.
Train companies serving Toronto
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|VIA Rail||55||4h 27m||$73.48|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Toronto?
$15.35 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to Toronto, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to Toronto. In the last month, trains from Halton Hills to Toronto had the lowest average price at $15.35. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to Toronto:
Where is the train station in Toronto, ON?
The busiest train station in Toronto is Union Station. As Toronto's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Guildwood Train Station.
Which train service has the best service to Toronto?
What is the closest airport to Toronto, ON?
Is Toronto a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Toronto?
How much do train tickets to Toronto cost?
What type of traveler does Toronto attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Toronto?
Top train routes to and from Toronto
- train from Toronto to Burlington
- train from Belleville to Toronto
- train from Detroit to Toronto
- train from Cobourg to Toronto
- train from Kingston to Toronto
- train from Edmonton to Toronto
- train from Cornwall to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Chicago
- train from Montreal to Toronto
- train from Ottawa to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Oakville
- train from Toronto to New York
- train from Toronto to Québec
- train from Toronto to London
- train from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- train from London to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Windsor
- train from Windsor to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Belleville
- train from Oakville to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Cobourg
- train from Brampton to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Kitchener
- train from Toronto to Brampton
- train from Toronto to Ottawa
- train from St. Catharines to Toronto
- train from Burlington to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Brockville
- train from Toronto to Montreal
- train from Toronto to Oshawa
- train from Oshawa to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Vancouver
- train from New York to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Cornwall
- train from Brockville to Toronto
- train from Vancouver to Toronto
- train from Toronto to Kingston
- train from Niagara Falls to Toronto
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.