Search train tickets to Montreal
How to get to Montreal by train
|Trips per day||70|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Effortlessly blending quaint old buildings with the high-rises of the 21st century, Montreal is an exciting destination for adventure-seekers as well as introverted travelers. At the beating heart of this modern city is the quarter of Old Montreal, where you can find horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets. As you meander through the area, don’t miss out on the chance to marvel at the architectural genius of the Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal, which is one of the most iconic structures of the city. For those who wish to stay close to nature, the gigantic Parc du Mont-Royal will satisfy all your needs. In the warmer months of the year, you can rent a boat and row on Lac des Castors, which offers amazing views.
Montreal is heaven for fans of French cuisine. The top-rated traditional French restaurants converge in the Old Montreal quarter, and some local favorite names include Toque, LOV, Crew Collective & Cafe. For those looking for Canadian specialties, head over to Schwartz’s.
The principal rail station for Montreal is the Central Station, which is served by both VIA Rail and Amtrak. If you are traveling by bus, head to the Montreal Coach Terminal (aka Gare d'autocars de Montréal) from where you can catch buses operated by Greyhound and several other carriers. The city’s main airport is the Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, which is located in the nearby city of Dorval.
Established in 1943, the Gare Centrale is one of the most important intercity rail stations in Montreal,offering high-speed rail services to as many as 11 million customers per year. The station is the centerpiece of the Québec City-Windsor corridor, the busiest intercity rail service area in the country. The city's train services are operated by VIA Railand Amtrak, with several destinations including Toronto and Windsor. The station is large and well-appointed, containing two parking facilities and a shopping and restaurant complex. Other amenities include bicycle facilities and disabled access.
Popular train stations in Montreal:
Dorval-Montreal VIA Rail Station (near YUL airport)
What train companies travel to Montreal, Quebec?
Located in Quebec, Canada, Montreal is accessible by train from 16 other cities. You can choose from 70 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Montreal on Wanderu. VIA Rail usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Montreal are also available.
Train companies serving Montreal
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|VIA Rail||16||5h 30m||$77.27|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Montreal?
Where is the train station in Montreal, QC?
The main train station in Montreal is Dorval-Montreal VIA Rail Station (near YUL airport). As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Montreal.
Which train service has the best service to Montreal?
Is Montreal a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Montreal?
How much do train tickets to Montreal cost?
What type of traveler does Montreal attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Montreal?
Top train routes to and from Montreal
- train from Montreal to Kingston
- train from Les Coteaux to Montreal
- train from Philadelphia to Montreal
- train from Vancouver to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Toronto
- train from Cornwall to Montreal
- train from Washington to Montreal
- train from Toronto to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Los Angeles
- train from Boston to Montreal
- train from Ottawa to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Vancouver
- train from Montreal to Halifax
- train from Casselman to Montreal
- train from Saint-Lambert to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Levis
- train from Montreal to Québec
- train from Montreal to Philadelphia
- train from Saint-Hyacinthe to Montreal
- train from Drummondville to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Boston
- train from Kingston to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Cobourg
- train from Montreal to Washington
- train from Cobourg to Montreal
- train from New York to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Ottawa
- train from Oshawa to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Cornwall
- train from Montreal to Belleville
- train from Shawinigan to Montreal
- train from Montreal to Oshawa
- train from Montreal to New York
- train from Montreal to Saint-Hyacinthe
- train from Montreal to Chicago
- train from Montreal to Vancouver
- train from Québec to Montreal
- train from Belleville to Montreal
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.