Search train tickets to Tampa
How to get to Tampa by train
|Trips per day||68|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Sitting at the heart of the Gulf Coast, Tampa offers a perfect blend of cultural attractions and relaxing indulgences. Infused with a colorful mix of Cuban and Spanish cultural elements, the city of Tampa houses some of the most impressive historic buildings in the state, including the Henry B. Plant Museum, which boasts a permanent exhibition of Victorian-era artifacts. Animal lovers can also rejoice, as the city’s many aquariums and zoos will certainly melt your heart. Head down to the Tampa Electric’s Manatee Viewing Center for some heart-melting cuteness. And for animal lovers with a penchant for streaming docu-series, the Big Cat Rescue (yes, THAT one!) will be a great choice.
Most of the finest restaurants in town are concentrated around the Riverwalk area, which offers unrivaled views of the waterfront. Oystercatchers is reputed as one of the best establishments in town, so you should not miss out on it. Tampa’s cuisine features a very clear Cuban influence, and the best spot to try out these unique fusion dishes is at Ybor City.
The principal train station in the city is the Tampa Union Station, which is also a historic building. It is currently served by Amtrak. At the station, travelers can also take an Amtrak Thruway motorcoach to get to Orlando, Lakeland, Bradenton, etc. The main airport is Tampa International Airport, which is located just six miles west of downtown Tampa.
Opened in 1912, the Tampa Union Station is a historic train station that currently serves the Amtrak Silver Star train line, which runs from Miami to New York. The beautiful red brick station house features large windows and soaring ceilings. Located in the Channel District of Tampa, Union Station is close to several rental car agencies and has on-site and nearby parking available. Amtrak Thruway bus service stops at Union Station, and Greyhound bus service runs through a bus terminal only .5 miles away on Polk St.
Popular train stations in Tampa:
Union Station - 601 N Nebraska Ave
What train companies travel to Tampa, Florida?
Located in Florida, Tampa is accessible by train from 35 other cities. You can choose from 68 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Tampa on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Tampa are also available.
Train companies serving Tampa
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Tampa?
Where is the train station in Tampa, FL?
The main train station in Tampa is Union Station - 601 N Nebraska Ave. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Tampa.
Which train service has the best service to Tampa?
Is Tampa a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Tampa?
How much do train tickets to Tampa cost?
What type of traveler does Tampa attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Tampa?
Top train routes to and from Tampa
- train from Fort Lauderdale to Tampa
- train from Winter Park to Tampa
- train from Washington to Tampa
- train from Tampa to DeLand
- train from Tampa to Boston
- train from Tampa to Delray Beach
- train from Tampa to Vancouver
- train from Sebring to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Chicago
- train from Kissimmee to Tampa
- train from Winter Haven to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Newark
- train from Tampa to West Palm Beach
- train from Tampa to New York
- train from Tampa to Pittsburgh
- train from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale
- train from Orlando to Tampa
- train from West Palm Beach to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Los Angeles
- train from Charlotte to Tampa
- train from Philadelphia to Tampa
- train from Raleigh to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Jacksonville
- train from Tampa to Miami
- train from Tampa to Winter Park
- train from Jacksonville to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Cleveland
- train from New York to Tampa
- train from Miami to Tampa
- train from Savannah to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Washington
- train from Tampa to Kissimmee
- train from Richmond to Tampa
- train from DeLand to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Orlando
- train from Columbia to Tampa
- train from Okeechobee to Tampa
- train from Chicago to Tampa
- train from Tampa to Fort Myers
- train from Tampa to Houston
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.