Search train tickets to Ann Arbor
How to get to Ann Arbor by train
|Trips per day||362|
We find the cheapest bus & train tickets, so you can wander for less.
Best Travel Options
We partner with 500+ carriers to bring you the most bus & train options.
Quick & Easy Booking
Book trips quickly with a simple, hassle-free checkout – online & on our app.
Fast Customer Support
We don’t monkey around. We respond within minutes to help you out.
About Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor is a quirky city filled with interesting secrets for curious travelers. The first thing to do in Ann Arbor is to check out its crown jewel, the University of Michigan. Boasting as many as 30 libraries and more than 16 museums, the university will fulfill every culturally-inclined traveler’s desires with ease. Nature lovers who enjoy a breath of fresh air should consider hopping on the Huron River Water Trail, which offers plenty of opportunities for paddling. Also don’t miss out on a show at the famous Michigan Theater, which offers retro shows and live acts.
Travelers can enjoy an authentic Ann Arbor culinary experience at Kerrytown, a historic quarter in the city. Located there are the Ann Arbor Farmers Market, as well as Zingerman’s Deli, both of which are local favorites.
The Amtrak station at 325 Depot St serves as the city’s main hub for both bus and train travel. From the station you can catch a bus or train to various cities such as Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and beyond. Ann Arbor is served by Amtrak’s Wolverine line. The city’s main airport is the Ann Arbor Municipal Airport.
stationImageCredit Adam MossstationImageLicense
The Ann Arbor Amtrak Station is located in the downtown area of Ann Arbor at 325 Depot St and handles most of the city’s rail transportation. The station is served by the Wolverine line, which runs from Pontiac to Chicago three times each day. Intercity bus service from Barons Bus Lines, Miller Transportation, and Greyhound also stop at the Depot St station. Metered parking is available on-site, and the station building includes public restrooms and a convenient taxi stand. Several restaurants are in the surrounding area, and if you have time to kill before your train, take a short walk to the scenic Broadway Park along Huron River.
Popular train stations in Ann Arbor:
325 Depot St - Amtrak Station
What train companies travel to Ann Arbor, Michigan?
Located in Michigan, Ann Arbor is accessible by train from 128 other cities. You can choose from 362 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Ann Arbor on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Ann Arbor are also available.
Train companies serving Ann Arbor
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||353||1d 0h 38m||$217.66|
|Amtrak Wolverine||14||2h 10m||$28.29|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
The Amtrak Wolverine provides rail service from Chicago to Pontiac, Michigan. Each train features amenities such as a cafe car and onboard WiFi.
Which train carrier has the best service to Ann Arbor?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Ann Arbor by train with Amtrak Wolverine giving them a 4.2 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak had the most comfortable train service to Ann Arbor taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak offers. They rate Amtrak a 4.5 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Ann Arbor punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak Wolverine has the best on time performance on their train schedules to Ann Arbor, rating them a 3.9 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
The main train station in Ann Arbor is 325 Depot St - Amtrak Station. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Ann Arbor.
|Departure||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|St Louis||18h 15m||$156.09|
|Emeryville||2d 17h 47m||$458.50|
Top train routes to and from Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Hammond
- train from Kalamazoo to Ann Arbor
- train from Cleveland to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Niles
- train from Ann Arbor to Cleveland
- train from Troy to Ann Arbor
- train from Alexandria to Ann Arbor
- train from Jackson to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Grand Rapids
- train from Ann Arbor to Washington
- train from Ann Arbor to New York
- train from Ann Arbor to Newark
- train from Ann Arbor to Madison
- train from Ann Arbor to Chicago
- train from Ann Arbor to Dearborn
- train from Grand Rapids to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Alexandria
- train from Ann Arbor to Indianapolis
- train from New York to Ann Arbor
- train from Philadelphia to Ann Arbor
- train from Dallas to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Toledo
- train from Ann Arbor to Troy
- train from Royal Oak to Ann Arbor
- train from Pontiac to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Kalamazoo
- train from Madison to Ann Arbor
- train from Chicago to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Detroit
- train from Ann Arbor to Milwaukee
- train from Ann Arbor to Philadelphia
- train from Detroit to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Pontiac
- train from Battle Creek to Ann Arbor
- train from Los Angeles to Ann Arbor
- train from Dearborn to Ann Arbor
- train from Toledo to Ann Arbor
- train from Hammond to Ann Arbor
- train from St Louis to Ann Arbor
- train from Ann Arbor to Boston
Popular train routes in Europe
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.
Book buses and trains on the go with the Wanderu app.
Download our app and snag the best travel deals across North America & Europe.Learn more