Compare train tickets from New Orleans to Poncha Springs
How much are train tickets from New Orleans to Poncha Springs?
|Fastest train||52h 30m|
|Trains per day||2|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from New Orleans to Poncha Springs during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from New Orleans to Poncha Springs?
In the last month, $465.00 was the average price of a train ticket from New Orleans, LA to Poncha Springs, CO. Given how far apart New Orleans and Poncha Springs are from each other, there's no getting around the fact that most train tickets are on the pricier side. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from New Orleans to Poncha Springs?
The distance between New Orleans and Poncha Springs is approximately 1087 miles, or 1749 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 67 hours and 53 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 52 hours and 30 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from New Orleans to Poncha Springs are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs New Orleans at 7:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 1:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from New Orleans to Poncha Springs?
Trains leave the station in New Orleans twice a day, so there are a couple of options depending on your preferred travel time. However, there are no direct trains. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you change trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Poncha Springs to New Orleans.
Which train should you take from New Orleans to Poncha Springs?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects New Orleans, Louisiana to Poncha Springs, Colorado. The schedule is relatively limited as the train only runs twice a day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||2||2d 19h 53m||$465.00|
Amtrak train tickets from New Orleans to Poncha Springs start from $397, and on average cost $465. Daily there are 2 Amtrak schedules to Poncha Springs. Amtrak in New Orleans leaves from Union Term - 1001 Loyola Ave, And in Poncha Springs trains arrive at 6250 US Hwy 285, From New Orleans to Poncha Springs train travel on Amtrak takes 67 hours and 53 minutes. If you are looking to get to Poncha Springs faster, Amtrak offers more express schedule options with a travel time of 52 hours and 30 minutes.
Where is the train station in New Orleans?
There is one train station in New Orleans:
- Union Term - 1001 Loyola Ave
Where is the train station in Poncha Springs?
Poncha Springs has one train station:
- 6250 US Hwy 285
Plan your next adventure
More trains from New Orleans
- Train from New Orleans to Birmingham
- Train from New Orleans to Tuscaloosa
- Train from New Orleans to Los Angeles
- New Orleans to San Francisco
- Train from New Orleans to Colorado Springs
- Train from New Orleans to Washington D.C.
- New Orleans to Miami Train
- Train from New Orleans to Orlando
- New Orleans to Atlanta Train
- New Orleans to Chicago Train
- New Orleans to Hammond
- Train from New Orleans to Boston
- Train from New Orleans to Jackson
- New Orleans to Charlotte Train
- New Orleans to New York Train
- New Orleans to Philadelphia
- Train from New Orleans to Memphis
- Train from New Orleans to Houston
Continue by train from Poncha Springs
- Train from Poncha Springs to Mystic
- Train from Poncha Springs to Winter Park
- Train from Poncha Springs to Glenview
- Train from Poncha Springs to Indianapolis
- Train from Poncha Springs to Framingham
- Poncha Springs to Battle Creek
- Poncha Springs to Kalamazoo Train
- Poncha Springs to Lapeer
- Train from Poncha Springs to Charlotte
- Train from Poncha Springs to Gastonia
- Poncha Springs to Atlantic City
- Poncha Springs to Lancaster Train
- Poncha Springs to Pittsburgh Train
- Poncha Springs to Houston Train
- Train from Poncha Springs to Nacogdoches
- Poncha Springs to Danville Train
- Train from Poncha Springs to Richmond
- Train from Poncha Springs to Prince