Search bus tickets to Atlanta
How to get to Atlanta by bus
|Trips per day||848|
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Atlanta?
Where is the bus station in Atlanta, GA?
The busiest bus station in Atlanta is Bus Terminal - 232 Forsyth St. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular bus stations in Atlanta are:
- Bus Terminal - 232 Forsyth St
- 211 Peachtree St. SW
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Where should you stay in Atlanta?
The busiest bus station in Atlanta is the MARTA Civic Center at 435 W Peachtree Street, which is surprisingly well-located when it comes to accomodations. Atlanta is a reasonably priced city, so cheap hotels can be found in nearby Downtown.
In recent years, the Old Fourth Ward — where Martin Luther King Jr. was born — has also become a hip area for out-of-town visitors. It’s only about a mile from the MARTA Civic Center, has easy access to the Beltline, and has a number of great restaurants.
Less than a mile north of the MARTA Civic Center is Tech Square. While prices in this area are a little more expensive than Downtown or the Old Fourth Ward, the neighborhood near Georgia Tech University is a happening spot with lots of good shopping, and only a short walk from Piedmont Park.
What’s the best way to get around Atlanta?
The MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) is the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to travel around Atlanta.
MARTA is the eighth-largest rapid transit system in the US, with a huge network of bus routes that are linked to 48 miles of rail track. For a one-way trip, the fare is $2.50. On buses, the fare can be paid in exact cash. Otherwise, you have to put money on a reloadable Breeze Card or buy a paper ticket. Cards/paper tickets can be purchased online, or at MARTA stations.
MARTA trains run in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area, as well as Fulton. A map of all the transit lines can be found on the MARTA website. The MARTA Civic Station is already a major MARTA hub, making transit to other parts of the city once you’ve arrived on a bus relatively simple.
What are some places to visit in Atlanta?
If you are looking for fun, free activities while also being outside, Piedmont Park is a terrific place to go for a walk or have a picnic. This park is located on the outskirts of downtown so while enjoying nature you can have a view of the city. The grounds include the Atlanta Botanical Garden, as well as the Piedmont Park Aquatic Center.
If you want to indulge in something more historic, the Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site is an amazing place to visit. You can tour MLK Jr.’s birth home, as well as the Ebenezer Baptist Church, where Dr. King was ordained a minister. Atlanta is actually one of the top stops on our road trip to eight iconic sites in the life of Martin Luther King Jr.
Just a 10-minute walk from the MARTA Civic Center is the World of Coca-Cola. (Coke was invented and is headquartered in Atlanta.) This museum walks you through the history of Coca-Cola Company and how it has evolved over time, and also lets you taste the different kinds of Coke from all around the world. Tickets for general admission start at $17 for adults and $13 for youth.
What are some good restaurants in Atlanta?
One restaurant near the bus station that’s definitely worth trying is called Kelz Kitchen. The spot has a family diner vibe and serves up tasty soul food at reasonable prices.
Another great spot with good prices is Aviva by Kameel, a fast-casual Mediterranean restaurant with rosemary chicken, lamb shawarma and more. A bonus — it’s just a short walk from the MARTA Civic Center station.
What is the best time to visit Atlanta by bus?
Which cities have the most buses to Atlanta?
What bus companies travel to Atlanta, Georgia?
Located in Georgia, Atlanta is accessible by bus from 441 other cities. You can choose from 848 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Atlanta on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Atlanta are also available..
Bus companies serving Atlanta
Top bus routes to and from Atlanta
- bus from Baltimore to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Jacksonville
- bus from Atlanta to Athens
- bus from Durham to Atlanta
- bus from Fayetteville to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Raleigh
- bus from Los Angeles to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to West Palm Beach
- bus from New York to Atlanta
- bus from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Houston
- bus from Atlanta to New York
- bus from Atlanta to Washington
- bus from Atlanta to Miami
- bus from Atlanta to Chicago
- bus from Atlanta to Tampa
- bus from Indianapolis to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Fayetteville
- bus from Jacksonville to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Orlando
- bus from Atlanta to Columbia
- bus from Chicago to Atlanta
- bus from Columbia to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Columbus
- bus from Savannah to Atlanta
- bus from Charlotte to Atlanta
- bus from Raleigh to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Richmond
- bus from Memphis to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Indianapolis
- bus from Greensboro to Atlanta
- bus from Washington to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Baltimore
- bus from Greenville to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Dallas
- bus from Newark to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Memphis
- bus from Atlanta to Augusta
- bus from Atlanta to Nashville
- bus from Atlanta to Newark
- bus from Richmond to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Birmingham
- bus from Miami to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to Charlotte
- bus from Boston to Atlanta
- bus from St Louis to Atlanta
- bus from New Orleans to Atlanta
- bus from Atlanta to New Orleans
- bus from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale
- bus from Orlando to Atlanta