Search bus tickets to Champaign
How to get to Champaign by bus
|Trips per day||613|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
A significant hub for the Silicone Prairie, Champaign is a stunning city with many exciting landmarks to visit. The downtown area of Champaign is perhaps its busiest area, with over 40 different bars, art galleries, and boutique shops for you to enjoy. To enjoy arthouse films or independent productions, head over to the Art Theater, which also hosts special screenings. The campustown area near the University of Illinois hosts not only cheap eateries but also fine dining spots. The area tends to get crowded at night since students will be out on the street to enjoy the hopping nightlife.
As a busy college town, Champaign naturally has a very vibrant food scene with many excellent dining options. Radio Maria is a unique Spanish establishment with very colorful Spanish decorations and amazing tapas dishes. Those who want something more exotic and exciting could check out DESTIHL, which offers unique home-cooked dishes and great artisan beers.
The Illinois Terminal is Champaign's primary bus and train station, served by Amtrak, Burlington Trailways, Jefferson Lines, Peoria Charter, and Greyhound. From Champaign, you can continue your journey and visit some of the other top destinations in Illinois.
The Illinois Terminal is located at 45 East University Avenue in Champaign. The transport center opened in 1999, and now provides bus and train service in the Champaign-Urbana area. The terminal is served by Amtrak, Burlington Trailways, Greyhound, Peoria Charter, Jefferson Lines, and local mass transit. Make sure to wait in the correct station building; Champaign’s old train station, dating to 1898, is just across the street. The Illinois Terminal offers short-term parking, fast food, and even meeting spaces and banquet halls. Thanks to the station’s convenient location, some of the best restaurants and bars in downtown Champaign are just a short walk away.
Popular bus stations in Champaign:
Illinois Term - 45 E University Ave
Pilot Travel center
What bus companies travel to Champaign, Illinois?
Located in Illinois, Champaign is accessible by bus from 310 other cities. You can choose from 613 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Champaign on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Champaign are also available.
Bus companies serving Champaign
|Bus||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Tornado Bus||147||16h 23m||$143.81|
|Greyhound||111||1d 5h 39m||$152.37|
|Burlington Trailways||32||9h 21m||$84.44|
|Jefferson Lines||31||20h 22m||$109.91|
|El Expreso Bus||8||13h 29m||$144.67|
Greyhound is the largest nationwide coach carrier in the United States, offering cheap, safe and reliable service across the country. Greyhound has become a household name, serving over 16 million passengers per year with daily trips to over 2,400 destinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Champaign?
Where is the bus station in Champaign, IL?
The busiest bus station in Champaign is Illinois Term - 45 E University Ave. As Champaign's main station, it has the most buses coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Pilot Travel center.
Which bus service has the best service to Champaign?
What is the closest airport to Champaign, IL?
Is Champaign a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Champaign?
How much do bus tickets to Champaign cost?
What type of traveler does Champaign attract?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Champaign?
Top bus routes to and from Champaign
- bus from Champaign to St Louis
- bus from Saint Paul to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Waukegan
- bus from Rantoul to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Nashville
- bus from Bradley to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Los Angeles
- bus from Champaign to Milwaukee
- bus from Peru to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Indianapolis
- bus from Champaign to Tucson
- bus from Champaign to Columbus
- bus from New York to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Kansas City
- bus from Detroit to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Iowa City
- bus from Champaign to Davenport
- bus from Pittsburgh to Champaign
- bus from Danville to Champaign
- bus from Arcola to Champaign
- bus from Normal to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Atlanta
- bus from Chicago to Champaign
- bus from Minneapolis to Champaign
- bus from Iowa City to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Houston
- bus from Champaign to Dallas
- bus from St Louis to Champaign
- bus from Milwaukee to Champaign
- bus from Indianapolis to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Chattanooga
- bus from Kansas City to Champaign
- bus from Atlanta to Champaign
- bus from Dallas to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to Peoria
- bus from Champaign to New York
- bus from Champaign to Normal
- bus from Champaign to Chicago
- bus from Peoria to Champaign
- bus from Champaign to San Antonio
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.