Search bus tickets to Bangor
How to get to Bangor by bus
|Trips per day||131|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Although Bangor is best known as the setting for many of Stephen King's novels, there is far more to the town than just horror. With a vibrant art scene, multiple museums, galleries, and an annual sidewalk art festival, Bangor is a delightful destination for a weekend getaway. In the winter, Bangor is also one of the best destinations for a snowy vacation.
Bangor first grew its economy through the lumber and shipbuilding industries. The city's rich lumber history is evident on almost every street, as wealthy "lumber barons" built decadent brick and wood mansions throughout the city. You can learn more about the industry's impact on Bangor by visiting The Maine Forest and Logging Museum just outside town.
If you're a Stephen King fan, be sure to book a city tour of some of the locations featured in his novels and films, and learn about how the area inspired his work. You can also stroll past Stephen King's own house (don't bother him for autographs, it's a private residence!) and take a stroll through the neighborhood to admire many other magnificent houses.
Getting to Bangor is simple. Bangor International Airport is served by many major airlines and offers nonstop and connecting flights from various U.S. cities. Greyhound Lines and Concord Coach Lines also offer bus services to other Maine destinations and cities throughout New England. In addition, Amtrak Thruway buses connect Bangor to the nationwide rail network.
What bus companies travel to Bangor, Maine?
Located in Maine, Bangor is accessible by bus from 121 other cities. You can choose from 131 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Bangor on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Bangor are also available.
Bus companies serving Bangor
Greyhound is the largest nationwide bus carrier in the United States, offering cheap, safe and reliable service across the country. Greyhound has become a household name, serving over 16 million passengers per year with daily trips to over 2,400 destinations. Greyhound buses are outfitted with power outlets, free WiFi, restrooms, and air conditioning for your comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Bangor?
Where is the bus station in Bangor, ME?
The busiest bus station in Bangor is Park & Ride. As Bangor's main station, it has the most buses coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Bangor Transportation Center.
Which bus carrier has the best service to Bangor?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Bangor by bus with Concord Coach Lines giving them a 5 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Concord Coach Lines had the most comfortable bus service to Bangor taking into account the seats and amenities that Concord Coach Lines offers. They rate Concord Coach Lines a 4.5 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Bangor punctually, travelers suggest that Concord Coach Lines has the best on time performance on their bus schedules to Bangor, rating them a 5 based on their on time arrivals.
What is the closest airport to Bangor, ME?
Is Bangor a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Bangor?
How much do bus tickets to Bangor cost?
What type of traveler does Bangor attract?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Bangor?
Top bus routes to and from Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Providence
- bus from Rockland to Bangor
- bus from Boston to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Lewiston
- bus from Bangor to Tallahassee
- bus from Rockport to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Philadelphia
- bus from Bangor to Concord
- bus from Bangor to Portland
- bus from Waterville to Bangor
- bus from New York to Bangor
- bus from Lincolnville to Bangor
- bus from Searsport to Bangor
- bus from Atlanta to Bangor
- bus from Richmond to Bangor
- bus from Concord to Bangor
- bus from Newark to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Chicago
- bus from Bangor to New York
- bus from Bangor to Baltimore
- bus from Augusta to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Boston
- bus from Bangor to Brunswick
- bus from Chattanooga to Bangor
- bus from Nashville to Bangor
- bus from Belfast to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Columbus
- bus from Manchester to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Denver
- bus from Brunswick to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Augusta
- bus from Las Vegas to Bangor
- bus from Bangor to Springfield
- bus from Bangor to Cleveland
- bus from Bangor to Houston
- bus from Bangor to Portland
- bus from Bangor to Los Angeles
- bus from Bangor to Belfast
- bus from Portland to Bangor
- bus from Waldoboro to Bangor
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.