Search bus tickets to Charlottesville
How to get to Charlottesville by bus
|Trips per day||144|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Lovingly called Mr. Jefferson’s City by locals, Charlottesville is one of Virginia's best destinations with plenty of interesting attractions to draw in not only fans of history but also of arts and culture. The prime attraction of the city is the famous estate of Thomas Jefferson, Monticello. This 5000-acre mansion is an architectural masterpiece that combines Parisian and Italian elements, giving you a day’s worth of exploration. For those looking for a more idyllic landscape, try Carter Mountain Orchard, which offers apple-picking sessions as well. The University of Charlottesville is also a must-not-miss destination. As the only university in the U.S. to be designated a World Heritage Site, it offers interesting insights into the history of education of the country.
Charlottesville’s wines are famous around the country, and the Monticello Wine Trail is perfect for trying out the best wines that the region has to offer. For an amazing dinner experience, C & O Restaurant, which has been in business since 1976, will be a great choice.
The city’s busiest bus stop is the Greyhound bus stop located downtown at 310 W Main St. For trains, head over to the nearby Amtrak train station, also on W Main St. Charlottesville is served by Amtrak’s Cardinal, Crescent and Northeast Regional lines. The city’s main airport is the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport, 8 miles from the city.
The bus station at 105 Ridge Street serves Greyhound and Jefferson Lines buses which travel through Charlottesville. Bus service is available to travel to cities like Richmond, Washington, DC, and New York. Inside the station, amenities include restrooms and vending machines for convenient snacks before your trip. Within a few minutes’ walk, though, you can grab a fresh meal from one of the many restaurants and cafes on Main Street. The station is ideally located between downtown Charlottesville and the University of Virginia campus a few blocks to the west. The Amtrak train station is also a short 10-minute walk from the bus station, so it is easy to transfer to continued travels by train.
Popular bus stations in Charlottesville:
Bus Station - 810 W Main St
UVA Columbarium Parking
What bus companies travel to Charlottesville, Virginia?
Located in Virginia, Charlottesville is accessible by bus from 125 other cities. You can choose from 144 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Charlottesville on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Charlottesville are also available.
Bus companies serving Charlottesville
|Bus||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Greyhound||100||1d 2h 57m||$134.73|
|Jefferson Lines||26||1d 18h 59m||$213.97|
Greyhound is the largest nationwide bus carrier in the United States, offering cheap, safe and reliable service across the country. Greyhound has become a household name, serving over 16 million passengers per year with daily trips to over 2,400 destinations. Greyhound buses are outfitted with power outlets, free WiFi, restrooms, and air conditioning for your comfort.
Jefferson Lines is a well-established intercity bus company with service to some of the Midwest’s top travel destinations. As one of the United States’ largest bus service providers, Jefferson Lines is beloved by students, commuters, and vacationers in America’s heartland. Travel with Jefferson Lines is comfortable thanks to reclining seats, individual climate controls, restrooms, and free WiFi. You can even check the status of your trip with their bus tracker tool.
OurBus is an intercity bus company based in New York City. OurBus provides cheap bus tickets to some of the most popular cities in the United States. All OurBus coaches come equipped with a generous roster of amenities, including extra legroom, freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi, power outlets at every seat, and complimentary bottled water. With cheap bus tickets, OurBus is one of the best ways to travel by bus if you are looking for comfort at a good price.
Which bus carrier has the best service to Charlottesville?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Charlottesville by bus with Megabus giving them a 5 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Megabus had the most comfortable bus service to Charlottesville taking into account the seats and amenities that Megabus offers. They rate Megabus a 5 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Charlottesville punctually, travelers suggest that Megabus has the best on time performance on their bus schedules to Charlottesville, rating them a 5 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Charlottesville?
Where is the bus station in Charlottesville, VA?
The busiest bus station in Charlottesville is Bus Station - 810 W Main St. As Charlottesville's main station, it has the most buses coming and going. However, a popular alternative is UVA Columbarium Parking.
What is the closest airport to Charlottesville, VA?
Is Charlottesville a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Charlottesville?
How much do bus tickets to Charlottesville cost?
What type of traveler does Charlottesville attract?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Charlottesville?
Top bus routes to and from Charlottesville
- bus from Baltimore to Charlottesville
- bus from Saint Cloud to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Richmond
- bus from Charlottesville to Cincinnati
- bus from Charlotte to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Syracuse
- bus from Charlottesville to Chicago
- bus from Richmond to Charlottesville
- bus from Portland to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Baltimore
- bus from Charlottesville to Washington
- bus from New York to Charlottesville
- bus from Grand Forks to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Indianapolis
- bus from Williamsburg to Charlottesville
- bus from Birmingham to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Raleigh
- bus from Washington to Charlottesville
- bus from Philadelphia to Charlottesville
- bus from New Carrollton to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to St Louis
- bus from Houston to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Charlotte
- bus from Raleigh to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Fort Lauderdale
- bus from Fargo to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to New Orleans
- bus from Charlottesville to Enterprise
- bus from Charlottesville to Norfolk
- bus from Charlottesville to New York
- bus from Charlottesville to Philadelphia
- bus from Springfield to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Fredericksburg
- bus from Rochester to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Detroit
- bus from Silver Spring to Charlottesville
- bus from Fredericksburg to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Columbus
- bus from Baton Rouge to Charlottesville
- bus from Charlottesville to Binghamton
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.