Search train tickets to San Luis Obispo
How to get to San Luis Obispo by train
|Trips per day||350|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
What train companies travel to San Luis Obispo, California?
Located in California, San Luis Obispo is accessible by train from 121 other cities. You can choose from 350 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to San Luis Obispo on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to San Luis Obispo are also available.
Train companies serving San Luis Obispo
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Coast Starlight||25||11h 7m||$86.84|
|Amtrak Pacific Surfliner||22||5h 43m||$45.29|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Amtrak Coast Starlight
The Amtrak Coast Starlight is a service provided by Amtrak that connects Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles on the US Pacific coast. The full journey winds through the Cascade Mountains, perfectly clipped vineyards, and dense coastal forest, allowing passengers to get a glimpse of the US west coast while enjoying air-conditioned cars, power outlets, complimentary onboard WiFi, and snacks.
Amtrak Pacific Surfliner
The Pacific Surfliner is Amtrak’s passenger train service that runs along the Pacific coast of Southern California, connecting San Luis Obispo to the north with San Diego to the south. The line is among the most famous Amtrak routes due to the unique scenic views it presents, as the train parallels the coastline for large portions of the 268-mile railroad stretch. The Pacific Surfliner offers first-class amenities like onboard restrooms, free WiFi, seats with extra legroom and power outlets, as well as storage racks for surfboards.
Which train carrier has the best service to San Luis Obispo?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to San Luis Obispo by train with Amtrak Pacific Surfliner giving them a 4.3 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak Coast Starlight had the most comfortable train service to San Luis Obispo taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak Coast Starlight offers. They rate Amtrak Coast Starlight a 4.7 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to San Luis Obispo punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak Pacific Surfliner has the best on time performance on their train schedules to San Luis Obispo, rating them a 4.3 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to San Luis Obispo?
Where is the train station in San Luis Obispo, CA?
The busiest train station in San Luis Obispo is 1011 Railroad Ave. As San Luis Obispo's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is 1 Grand Avenue, Building 113.
What is the closest airport to San Luis Obispo, CA?
Is San Luis Obispo a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of San Luis Obispo?
How much do train tickets to San Luis Obispo cost?
What type of traveler does San Luis Obispo attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of San Luis Obispo?
Top train routes to and from San Luis Obispo
- train from Grover Beach to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to Oakland
- train from San Luis Obispo to San Jose
- train from San Luis Obispo to Bakersfield
- train from Oxnard to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to Burbank
- train from San Luis Obispo to San Diego
- train from San Luis Obispo to Los Angeles
- train from Santa Maria to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to Ventura
- train from San Luis Obispo to Phoenix
- train from San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara
- train from San Luis Obispo to Glendale
- train from Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo
- train from Sacramento to San Luis Obispo
- train from Irvine to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to Portland
- train from Fullerton to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to New York
- train from San Luis Obispo to Seattle
- train from Guadalupe to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to San Francisco
- train from Goleta to San Luis Obispo
- train from Paso Robles to San Luis Obispo
- train from Isla Vista to San Luis Obispo
- train from Anaheim to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Francisco to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to Sacramento
- train from San Luis Obispo to Santa Maria
- train from Los Angeles to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to Fresno
- train from San Luis Obispo to Anaheim
- train from San Luis Obispo to Martinez
- train from Hanford to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Jose to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Diego to San Luis Obispo
- train from Lompoc to San Luis Obispo
- train from Burbank to San Luis Obispo
- train from Oakland to San Luis Obispo
- train from San Luis Obispo to Oxnard
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.