Search train tickets to New Orleans
How to get to New Orleans by train
|Trips per day||128|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
New Orleans is the most populous city in the southern state of Louisiana and one of the most popular party destinations in the whole world. Known as The Big Easy, New Orleans is famous for its distinct French-Spanish architecture, Creole cuisine, and unique music. Around the globe, New Orleans is best known as the host city of Mardi Gras, a late-winter carnival known for flashy costumes and never-ending street parties. Because of that, NOLA is consistently among the preferred vacation destinations among spring breakers and post-grad travelers.
There’s a lot more to New Orleans than just partying, though. While you’re in town, connect with the artistic side of your personality with a visit to the famed New Orleans Museum of Art where you will find the South’s most impressive collection of French and American art. A visit to the Big Easy will not be complete without stopping by some of the city’s iconic cemeteries. Whether you take a guided tour or you explore on your own, you will learn a lot about the area’s history and urban legends.
New Orleans is one of the main economic and commercial centers of the U.S. Gulf Coast region, and as such it is easily accessible by all kinds of transportation. The airport is located not too far from the city center, while the city’s main bus and train station, the Union Passenger Terminal, is placed right in the heart of downtown New Orleans.
Opened in 1954 to replace the five depots spread throughout the city, the Union Passenger Terminal connects all of New Orleans’ passenger rail into one iconic building. To this day, it remains the largest transportation hub in New Orleans and is a key link for travel throughout the Southern United States. Three of Amtrak’s long distance train lines end their service at Union Passenger Terminal: the City of New Orleans line from Chicago, the Crescent line from New York City, and the Sunset Limited line from Los Angeles to New Orleans. Buses operated by Greyhound and Jefferson Lines also serve this station, as well as public transit which connects to New Orleans’ famous streetcars. At the station, there are shops, a game room, and food for purchase, and the city’s must-visit French Quarter is just a mile away.
Popular train stations in New Orleans:
Union Term - 1001 Loyola Ave
What train companies travel to New Orleans, Louisiana?
Located in Louisiana, New Orleans is accessible by train from 70 other cities. You can choose from 128 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to New Orleans on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to New Orleans are also available.
Train companies serving New Orleans
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to New Orleans?
Where is the train station in New Orleans, LA?
The main train station in New Orleans is Union Term - 1001 Loyola Ave. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around New Orleans.
Which train service has the best service to New Orleans?
Is New Orleans a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of New Orleans?
How much do train tickets to New Orleans cost?
What type of traveler does New Orleans attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of New Orleans?
Top train routes to and from New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to New York
- train from New York to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Orlando
- train from McComb to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Vancouver
- train from Schriever to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Memphis
- train from New Orleans to San Antonio
- train from New Orleans to Sacramento
- train from New Orleans to Atlanta
- train from Chicago to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to St Louis
- train from Atlanta to New Orleans
- train from Picayune to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Austin
- train from Baltimore to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Chicago
- train from Slidell to New Orleans
- train from Hammond to New Orleans
- train from Greensboro to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Baton Rouge
- train from Houston to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Los Angeles
- train from Hattiesburg to New Orleans
- train from Jackson to New Orleans
- train from Sacramento to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Dallas
- train from New Orleans to Las Vegas
- train from Memphis to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Greensboro
- train from Carbondale to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Philadelphia
- train from New Orleans to Seattle
- train from New Orleans to El Paso
- train from San Jose to New Orleans
- train from New Iberia to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Houston
- train from Los Angeles to New Orleans
- train from New Orleans to Oklahoma City
- train from Birmingham to New Orleans
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.