The impressive Lincoln Financial Field is home to the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles and the Temple Owls football team. However, the almost 70,000-seat venue is known for hosting a number of fun events in addition to football games. Since opening its doors in 2003, the Eagles stadium has hosted top-notch concerts like Bruce Springsteen, Beyonce, Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney, as well as famous sporting events such as Copa America Centenario in 2016 and the Gold Cup in 2015.
Located in South Philadelphia, around 15 minutes from the city’s downtown, Lincoln Financial Field is very accessible via public transportation. So in case you are traveling to any events in Philadelphia, we give you the best directions to Lincoln Financial Field plus some expert tips on how to travel to the City of Brotherly Love for cheap from hubs like New York, Washington, DC, and Boston.
How to Get to Philadelphia from Your Location
Traveling to Philadelphia by bus and train from any location on the East Coast like New York, Boston, and Washington, DC is very easy as many carriers like Amtrak, Greyhound, BoltBus and Megabus offer daily service into the city. Also, with Wanderu’s 400+ bus and train routes to Philadelphia, you can find the cheapest way to get into town from anywhere in the country.
Directions to Lincoln Financial Field
If you are in downtown Philly, you are already less than six miles away from Lincoln Financial Field (located at 1 Lincoln Financial Field Way, Philadelphia, PA 19147). Most buses and trains will drop you off on or around 30th Street and from there you can take public transportation – operated by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority or SEPTA – to get to the stadium and be there in around 35-40 minutes.
If you are in a hurry or just not in the mood for another train ride, taking a ride-share service like Uber or Lyft from downtown to the stadium in South Philadelphia will cost around $13-$20.
Amtrak, Megabus and BoltBus Passengers
1. The bus or train will drop you off at the 30th Street Station, the biggest terminal in the city. From the 30th Street Station, you will walk to the 30th Street Trolley Station:
2. From there, you will take the 36 Trolley Line towards 13th Street and Market Street (three stops) and get off at the 15th Street Trolley Station. This is the route the trolley will take:
3. From the 15th Street Trolley Station, you will walk to the City Hall Station to catch the Broad Street Line. The station will be on 15th Street between S Penn Square and John F. Kennedy Boulevard.
4. There, you will take the Broad Street Line towards AT&T Station (eight stops). You can follow these directions:
5. Once you get off the train at the AT&T Station, you will be a short walk away from Lincoln Financial Field (0.6 miles, to be exact). These are the directions you will need to follow to walk to the stadium:
Greyhound and Peter Pan passengers
1. The bus will drop you off at the Greyhound Station at 1001 Filbert Street. To get to Lincoln Financial Field, you will have to walk to the City Hall Station.
Here are the directions that you will follow to walk to the City Hall Station from the Greyhound Station:
2. When you get to the City Hall Station, follow the directions above to get to Lincoln Financial Field.
About SEPTA Fares
A single-ride ticket for a trolley or train will cost you $2.25. You can either pay with cash to board a trolley, purchase a ticket for a certain amount of trips or get a day pass, which will cost $12. You can buy any of these at any station in Philadelphia as well as other locations downtown. You can find information about all fares here.
As you can see, planning your adventure to Philly and attending an event at Lincoln Financial Field should be a piece of cake! Get your bus tickets now to get the best prices and also check out our customized Philadelphia guide to learn about some cool places you can visit while you’re in the city.