Levi’s Stadium, current home of the San Francisco 49ers, is one of the most modern stadiums on the West Coast. Built in 2014, Levi’s Stadium is located in the heart of the Bay Area in the city of Santa Clara – 40 miles away from San Francisco and 8 miles away from San Jose.
A 75,000-seat building, Levi’s Stadium has many modern features and is equipped to host major events. In 2016, the venue hosted the Super Bowl 50 and later that summer, it inaugurated the Copa America Centenario with a match between the U.S. and Colombia. The California venue has also hosted artists such as Beyonce, Coldplay, One Direction and Grateful Dead. The stadium is also the biggest building registered in the U.S. Green Building Council, an organization that promotes sustainability in buildings design, construction and operation.
If you are looking to travel to any of the amazing events that take place at Levi’s Stadium, from NFL games to rock concerts, we got you covered. Wanderu brings you the best directions to travel to Levi’s Stadium, along with some useful tips to get to the Bay Area.
How to Get to San Jose from Your Location
Since Santa Clara is a smaller city, most people traveling from other cities take public transportation to San Jose – which is 8 miles from the stadium.
To travel to San Jose from any part of the U.S., check Wanderu’s 200+ bus and train routes to the Bay Area hub.
Buses and trains to San Jose through Wanderu’s travel partners Greyhound, MegaBus, BoltBus or Amtrak run daily from all over the country and, additionally, Mexican carrier Tufesa Internacional provides service from Southern California hubs like Los Angeles to the Bay Area city.
Most buses and trains will drop you off less than 10 miles from Levi’s Stadium.
Directions to Levi’s Stadium
The address of the stadium is 4900 Marie P DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara, CA 95054. Here are the directions you will follow to get there from the main transportation hubs in the area.
Megabus, Boltbus and Amtrak Passengers
When you arrive in San Jose, the bus or train will drop you off at San Jose Diridon Caltrain Station, the most important transportation center in the city. From Diridon Station, you can easily get to the Levi’s Stadium using public transportation.
1. If you choose to use the local light train service, you will need to board the 902 Light Rail Winchester toward Mountain View at the San Jose Diridon Transit Center.
2. Then, 18 stops later, they will get off at Great America Station in Santa Clara, which is a 7-minute walk from Levi’s Stadium.
Here is the trip you’re going to take from San Jose Diridon Transit Center to Great America Station:
Here’s a map of the 902 Light Rail Train Winchester. You can check out the line’s schedule here.
3. Once you arrive at Great America Station, these are the directions that you should follow to walk to Levi’s Stadium.
1. The bus will drop you off at the Greyhound Station located at 70 S Almaden Street. From there, it is a 6-minute walk to the Santa Clara Station, where you will take local light rail to the Stadium.
Here are the directions that you will have to follow to walk to the Santa Clara Station:
2. At the Santa Clara Station, you will board the 902 Light Rail Winchester toward Mountain View.
3. Get off at the Great America Station in Santa Clara. From there, follow the directions above to walk to Levi’s Stadium.
About Light Rail Train fares
A single-ride ticket for the Light Rail Train will cost you $2 and a day-pass will be $6. The passes can be purchased with cash or credit/debit cards at any VTA Vending Machine. The machines are conveniently located at the Diridon Transit Center and around other stations in downtown San Jose.
You can find information about all fares here.
Now, just find your seats and start your countdown to kick-off: you are all set to enjoy your outing to Levi’s Stadium! Also, if you want information about what to do in the Bay Area while you’re around, check out our customized Bay Area Travel guide here.