Search bus tickets to Portland
How to get to Portland by bus
|Trips per day||474|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Portland is the largest city in Oregon and one of the key travel hubs in the Pacific Northwest. Also known as the City of Roses, this city along the Willamette River wows visitors with its diverse street food, quirky counterculture, and sprawling bookstores such as the world-famous Powell's Books.
Portland is the 5th best city in the United States for outdoor activities, thanks in part to open-air grounds like the expansive Forest Park. Gardens are also excellent outdoor date locales for couples on a romantic getaway: stop and smell the roses at either the International Rose Test Garden or the Portland Japanese Garden.
Once you've gotten hungry from a long day wandering outside, nearly every block downtown has a plethora of food trucks waiting to tickle your taste buds. Or, kick back at one of the many breweries in the #3 best city for craft beer in the United States. Unique locations like McMenamin's brewpubs in renovated cinemas or historic hotels do their part to "keep Portland weird."
As the biggest city in Oregon, Portland is a hub for travel throughout the Pacific Northwest. Amtrak train service and various bus services operate primarily out of Union Station, conveniently-located downtown, and nearby Portland International Airport makes it easy to travel to Portland from near and far.
Located in Portland’s Old Town Chinatown area at 800 Northwest Sixth Avenue, Union Station features a glowing neon sign encouraging you to “Go By Train.” Union Station serves several iconic Amtrak routes including the Cascades through the Pacific Northwest, the scenic Coast Starlight from Los Angeles to Seattle, and the long-distance Empire Builder which travels all the way to Chicago. Along with train service, Union Station serves intercity bus service via Greyhound, and connects to the Portland Streetcar, MAX Light Rail, and several local TriMet buses. There is a restaurant and bar onsite, as well as a Metropolitan Lounge reserved for Amtrak’s first- and business-class passengers.
Popular bus stations in Portland:
7411 NW Station Way
1090 Nw Station Way
What bus companies travel to Portland, Oregon?
Located in Oregon, Portland is accessible by bus from 208 other cities. You can choose from 474 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Portland on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Portland are also available.
Bus companies serving Portland
|Bus||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Greyhound||108||2d 17h 9m||$221.63|
|Jefferson Lines||73||1d 20h 15m||$220.14|
|Amtrak Thruway||16||3h 2m||$18.96|
|FlixBus US||16||3h 29m||$23.34|
Greyhound is the largest nationwide coach carrier in the United States, offering cheap, safe and reliable service across the country. Greyhound has become a household name, serving over 16 million passengers per year with daily trips to over 2,400 destinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Portland?
Where is the bus station in Portland, OR?
The busiest bus station in Portland is Union Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular bus stations in Portland are:
- Union Station
- 7411 NW Station Way
- 1090 Nw Station Way
Which bus service has the best service to Portland?
What is the closest airport to Portland, OR?
Is Portland a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Portland?
How much do bus tickets to Portland cost?
What type of traveler does Portland attract?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Portland?
Top bus routes to and from Portland
- bus from Portland to Atlanta
- bus from St. Helens to Portland
- bus from Albany to Portland
- bus from Rainier to Portland
- bus from Tualatin to Portland
- bus from Portland to Seattle
- bus from Portland to Salem
- bus from Portland to Corvallis
- bus from Portland to New York
- bus from Portland to Vancouver
- bus from Portland to Hillsboro
- bus from Portland to Birmingham
- bus from Scappoose to Portland
- bus from Portland to SeaTac
- bus from Denver to Portland
- bus from Eugene to Portland
- bus from Portland to Los Angeles
- bus from SeaTac to Portland
- bus from Salem to Portland
- bus from Seattle to Portland
- bus from Portland to Bend
- bus from Tacoma to Portland
- bus from Portland to Eugene
- bus from Beaverton to Portland
- bus from Bend to Portland
- bus from Portland to Tacoma
- bus from Portland to Albany
- bus from New York to Portland
- bus from Portland to Beaverton
- bus from Portland to Syracuse
- bus from Portland to Sacramento
- bus from Portland to Seaside
- bus from Birmingham to Portland
- bus from Hillsboro to Portland
- bus from Portland to Cannon Beach
- bus from Albuquerque to Portland
- bus from Portland to Tualatin
- bus from Woodburn to Portland
- bus from Spokane to Portland
- bus from Vancouver to Portland
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.