Search train tickets to Newark
How to get to Newark by train
|Trips per day||723|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
As the most populous city in New Jersey, Newark offers some excellent museums, parks and restaurants that you can enjoy year-round. Art lovers should stop by the famous Newark Museum to enjoy a rich collection of works by American artists and sculptors. History buffs should check out the New Jersey Historical Society for ongoing exhibitions documenting the state’s rich history.
Located by the Passaic River, Newark offers various places where you can enjoy a relaxing stroll by the water. For the best views, head over to the city’s Riverfront Park near the hip Ironbound neighborhood. If you’re seeking more outdoor enjoyment, check out Branch Brook Park where you will find various lakes and plenty of cherry blossoms.
Newark is one of the biggest travel hubs in the United States, which makes it very easily accessible via all types of transportation. The Newark Liberty International Airport is one of the three airports that serves the New York City metro area, and its close proximity to Newark’s Penn Station makes it easy to reach from anywhere via bus or train.
Not to be confused with the Penn Station in New York City just 10 miles away, Newark’s Penn Station is a vital regional transportation hub which serves the greater New York City and New Jersey area. Located a few blocks East of the central business district in Newark, Penn Station opened in 1935, when its Art Deco architecture was at the height of fashion - see if you can spot the Zodiac signs decorating the chandeliers! Travelers can access Amtrak intercity passenger trains running on the busy Northeast Corridor between Washington D.C. and Boston, as well as intercity buses like Greyhound and Fullington Trailways. Local transit available at Penn Station includes Newark Light Rail, Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) rapid transit linking Newark to Manhattan, and NJ Transit commuter trains serving coastal and central New Jersey.
Popular train stations in Newark:
Newark Penn Station
Newark Intl Airport
What train companies travel to Newark, New Jersey?
Located in New Jersey, Newark is accessible by train from 156 other cities. You can choose from 723 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Newark on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Newark are also available.
Train companies serving Newark
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Northeast Regional||48||2h 39m||$80.72|
|Amtrak Crescent||34||6h 9m||$148.83|
|Amtrak Silver Service||30||17h 37m||$142.71|
|Amtrak Vermonter||28||2h 34m||$86.60|
|Amtrak Carolinian||23||6h 11m||$96.40|
|Amtrak Cardinal||20||15h 9m||$127.23|
|Amtrak Palmetto||19||4h 26m||$122.05|
|Amtrak Keystone Service||18||1h 40m||$48.88|
|Amtrak Pennsylvanian||15||2h 43m||$63.75|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Newark?
$10.00 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to Newark, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to Newark. In the last month, trains from New Brunswick to Newark had the lowest average price at $16.69. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to Newark:
Where is the train station in Newark, NJ?
The busiest train station in Newark is Newark Penn Station. As Newark's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Newark Intl Airport.
Which train service has the best service to Newark?
What is the closest airport to Newark, NJ?
Is Newark a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Newark?
How much do train tickets to Newark cost?
What type of traveler does Newark attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Newark?
Top train routes to and from Newark
- train from Baltimore to Newark
- train from New Haven to Newark
- train from Greensboro to Newark
- train from Newark to Orlando
- train from New Rochelle to Newark
- train from Philadelphia to Newark
- train from Newark to Stamford
- train from Newark to New Rochelle
- train from Newark to Chicago
- train from New York to Newark
- train from Newark to Philadelphia
- train from Newark to Trenton
- train from Newark to New York
- train from Newark to Washington
- train from Wilmington to Newark
- train from Newark to Atlanta
- train from New Brunswick to Newark
- train from Newark to Los Angeles
- train from Newark to Pittsburgh
- train from Newark to Wilmington
- train from Bridgeport to Newark
- train from Newark to Providence
- train from Newark to Baltimore
- train from Newark to Boston
- train from Woodbridge to Newark
- train from Yonkers to Newark
- train from Hartford to Newark
- train from Harrisburg to Newark
- train from Newark to New Haven
- train from Stamford to Newark
- train from Boston to Newark
- train from Providence to Newark
- train from Orlando to Newark
- train from Croton-on-Hudson to Newark
- train from Washington to Newark
- train from Newark to Woodbridge
- train from Newark to Greensboro
- train from Newark to Montreal
- train from Trenton to Newark
- train from Newark to Yonkers
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.